Chapter 08 - A Compulsive Kiss

*Dedicated to Ariann Singua ~

A/N: Just a reminder: I have written this chapter WAY out of my comfort zone again. Much MUCH intimate moments than I ever had written. Lots of kissing—and by lots, I mean LOTS. BUT IT’S NEEDED. I won’t be doing it if it’s not, okay? But nothing below the belt is gonna happen, that I can assure you. This is just PG-13 anyway. (;

PICTURE ON THE MULTIMEDIA BOX: Kristin Kreuk for Kiara Reeds.

SONG FOR TODAY is Baby Blue Eyes by A Rocket To The Moon since it reminded me of one particular moment in the chapter. Awwh♥. Rickie’s (Alexis Bledel) eyes are just too pretty.

Okay, enough blabber. MORE JOSH-RICKIE MOMENTS STARTS IN 3 . . . 2 . . . 1. . .

~ ♡ ~

~ Josh's Point of View ~

It was me who pulled back from our kiss.

My kiss with Rickie—for that matter.

Actually, if you think of it, it was one steamy make-out session, even hotter than Kiara’s kisses. It was one chilly night; the wind was nipping on my arms and neck but she managed to warm those places. My blood rushed, making my body hot and shaky. I securely held our bodies together by holding her waist. To my surprise, she didn’t back down. She wrapped her arms around my neck, securing our faces completely. We moved in perfect sync together, the pressure of her lips on mine was just right. I tried to pull away twice but it was already my third attempt that became successful.

I just stared at her with my drunken eyes, leaning my forehead against hers. I don’t know what to feel about that. If you ask me, to be honest, it was the greatest kiss I ever had—even if the kiss was brought on because of alcoholism. I had countless kisses from different kinds of girls back home. I hooked up everyday with a different one. When a girl calls it off—yes, all of them knows and understands that I will never give them a serious relationship that every girl wants—I’ll move on to the next one. It’s just the rule in my life. I never take anyone or anything seriously.

But Rickie, the way she kissed me was different. Sure, there was desire and lust in her kisses, but there is an unmistakable undercurrent along with it. She said she liked me. But I don’t know how deep or how serious she was. She was drunk. And staring into her eyes right now, I can’t determine anything in her emotions. They are bound by alcoholism.

All I can say is that if she ever asks for something more than dating—like being exclusively together—that’s when I don’t know what to do anymore. I don’t want to blow her control-freak brain off. She’s too fragile and innocent and I just might give her too much depression if I blow her off. She is different from all the other girls I had.

Rickie is overly stubborn, tad serious and just hidden inside her comfort zone all the time. I want to break all those rules of hers. She wasn’t in her thirties yet but she had her life planned out in a neat timeline already. It’s just wrong. She’s just a teenager and she deserves to have fun.

I want to change the way she is.

But the one thing I’m really afraid of is that while in the process, she might fall for me.

And I might fall for her.

Impossible. I never have fallen in love with a girl and I don’t plan anytime soon. Maybe after college I would, but not now. Love is just out of my context, okay? It’s a forbidden word. I never told it to anyone in my life since six years ago, at my parents’ burial. But since then, I never even thought of the L word. It just shouldn’t be said.