Chapter 04 - A Provocative Kiss

~ * ~ * ~ ♡ ~ * ~ * ~

 ~Josh's Point of View~

The look in her face was absolutely priceless.

I guess I pushed her over the edge because the look in her face before she left the room says that she wants to get rid of my existence. I even thought that she was going to strangle me, but thank heavens she didn’t. Although that she wants to banish my being in this school, there’s this undercurrent that tells me that she likes that I’m flirting with her. Especially when she just stared at my eyes like she was in a trance or something. It was cute, but really, I find it really funny.

Girl-next-door Baby Doll Rickie is just goddamn hilarious.

She told me to stop flirting with her. But did she really think that she can get rid of me that easily? That’s why she’s stuck with me on that stupid book report whether she likes it or not. Like my life motto says, acquire the desired—I always get what I want.

I got myself a date with some random chick on my first day in school.

Whoa, that’s something, isn’t it?

Well, you know what they say about luck on your first day.

I don’t know why I find her so entertaining. Maybe it was just the fact that she was trying her hardest to stay away from me but in fact, she likes me. She’s trying her hardest to keep her feelings to herself but in reality, one look in her eyes I can see that she’s just swooning over me. It’s in her eyes this morning, that something that made her sparkly light blue eyes eat up every inch of my bare chest. Desire or admiration—whatever it is, I don’t know and I don’t really care.

All I know is I’m having fun hitting on her and I’m not going to stop even if she tells me to.

But despite all the fun moments with Baby Doll, the morning was pretty much unacceptable—and that’s just an understatement. It’s just the fact that my schedule next to English is Trigonometry and Biology II back-to-back, which is bullshit. Rickie wasn’t there either, so I have no source of entertainment whatsoever. I tried my best not to sleep in class as much I could because it’s my first day. And I don’t want to end up in detention on my first day.

I met some guys like Robbie Gonzales who was a bassist in the school rock band—which is cool so we talked a bit about music even if the imaginary numbers in the chalkboard were pretty much killing our brains—and Kiara Reeds, a hot brunette cheerleader that kept asking questions while in Bio. She was hot, but there’s something not right about her nose, it’s like she had a nose job at a young age. Anyways, both of them kept me entertained, but not quite as satisfying as Rickie had been doing to me.

Speaking of Rickie, where is she?

I went to my locker to shove these new textbooks that will probably give me a fucking headache for the rest of the semester. I slammed my locker shut to see Rickie coming this way. I gave her a playful smirk before she turned around and tried to avoid me—again.

The stares from this morning was pretty much gone after a few hours had passed but when I called Rickie, the eyes were glued to me once again—not that I really care. I guess I’m used to it since my band and I had been performing a lot in some local bars back home.

Anyways, I shouted Rickie’s name but she didn’t seem to hear, or she’s just trying not to hear.

I ran beside her quickly, and I cant tell that she’s not a good runner so she just can’t flee that fast from me.

I raised an eyebrow as I took in her irritated face once again, “You’re annoyed.”

“Good, you knew. I thought for a second that you didn’t have a heart,” she looked at me in the eye and started to walk to her locker once again. She groaned when I gave another smile at her. “Stop it, Josh. People are staring.”