Chapter 12 - A Weary Kiss

• 點播給 Miel Ysabel

* Dedicated to Miel Sanculi ~

Hello!!!  :)

*Picture on the Multimedia: Austin Victoria for Kean Reeds.

~ * ~ * ~ ♡ ~ * ~ * ~

~ Josh's Point of View ~

She was there yet her soul was very distant.

How can I reach for her when she’s so far away?

Rickie looked like a complete mess the moment she stepped into English. Her red dress seemed perfect around her curves. But I noticed some pounds have been shed from her already-slender figure. How could she lose weight in just that short span of time? I became aware of her face that's all red and teary-eyed, her mouth quivering uncontrollably. She was hugging herself as if her arms were her only source of protection.

She looked like she’s been sick for a while now. And still is.

I can't fathom on how much strength she had to put up just to go to school. From the humiliation of the Halloween party and its consequences, I wonder how she handles the aftermath. When I entered school, they all stared oddly at me, but I was used to it by now. Hey, I gained quite a reputation from being the new guy to Kiara's boyfriend to this. I'm used to these eyes.

What I'm worried about is how Rickie was handling all of this.

I remember that she had a sprain last Thursday morning. I wonder how did that went. I feel that all this time, she had been suffering from something. I just can’t lay my finger on it. She’s there staring at nothing but her eyes were filled with so many mixed emotions.

But the most distinct one was fear.

The class noticed her standing just by the doorframe so they started erupting so many buzzing noises and accusations.

That slut!

How could she show up after what she's done to Kiara? To Kean?

Didn’t you hear last Wednesday? At the Reeds’ Halloween Bash?

She’s been absent for how many days now? Two?

She didn’t go to school days after the party.

I bet she’s been hiding from her guilt!

She hooked up with Kiara Reeds’ boyfriend! The new guy Josh!

She’s got a lot of nerve to do that to someone like Kiara. That whore!

I heard that they had an after-party on their own!

Sneaky little Rickie, who would have thought she had a naughty side too?

I wonder if she'll hook up with me?

Get a life, dude. She's already hooking up with that guy over the front row.

But I blocked all the voices out. All I see is her. And in return, her eyes met mine and those familiar but foreign sparks made its way yet again. Her stare was making me feel these incomprehensible feelings.

Her eyes began to open wider as if she just realized something that moment. Then she shook her head disbelievingly. looking at everyone in class. Her tears began to brim in her tear ducts as she repeatedly blinked. She looked at me once again before she began sobbing so hard that for a moment, I thought that she was going to crumble. At a swift moment, she retook her steps back and ran away from all the death sentences everyone was giving her.