Chapter 10 - A Furious Kiss

• Venované Karl Louie Taguiam

* Dedicated to Karl Louie Taguiam ~

A/N: Chapter 10 everyone! This would be an update before I’ll be sent off to college, 5 hours away from home. I’ll be living in a dorm, away from my fam. I hate it but I need to do it. :(

I just wish that I’ll get used to my surroundings quickly there… I have a specific comfort place on where to write casually, that’s because. I write on my bed all the time. I wish I can do that there as well, to write easily and comfortably, I mean.

Anyways, enough of that! I gave you enough cliffhangers in a week. I won’t be surprised that you’ll kill me soon. :P

Well, I can assure you that this chappie won’t end in a cliffhanger though. (;

*Song on the Multimedia: Liar Liar by Christina Grimmie. 

~ ♡ ~ 

~RICKIE’S POV~

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

That’s the only sound I’ve been hearing since I woke up. I don’t know where I am but I can guess that I’m lying on a hospital bed. My bedroom definitely didn’t emit any annoying mechanical sputtering like that. Where would I end up after what happened anyway?

Well, none other than Los Angeles Medical Center, I assumed.

I’m half-conscious, considering that I can still hear things around me. But the thing that’s pulling me back was that I can’t open my eyes. Everything around me was darkness.

I can hear a faint sound of breathing beside me, however. It’s probably my mother. Her breathing sounds as if she’s fast asleep. I can feel her hand gently on top of mine. She’s probably worried sick about me. This made me so guilty, to put my mom in a state of anxiety all day. Well, was it just day that I’ve been here, or are there even more?

I hear the door open and feet shuffling towards my direction. After a few seconds, the pacing stopped and replaced by a loud huff of air.

Mom stirred awake because I felt the weight of her head withdraw from the bed.

“I think you should go home, Kyle. You’ve been here all night,” I hear my father’s familiar voice echo throughout the room.

Wait, what? Kyle is here? Does he know what happened at the Halloween Party?

No, forget that. Does he even know that I even attended the Halloween Party?

Was he angry?

I don’t know.

But if he is.. why was he here, then?

“No, I’ll stay Uncle Ryan. I want to be here when she wakes up,” his sleepy voice droned slowly beside me.

Kyle calls my parents Aunt and Uncle because that’s how tight our relationship as best friends is. We already consider each other’s families as ours. Well, more than a decade of personally knowing each other is enough evidence of how close Kyle and I were.

To think of it, some people even think that we’re in a relationship as boyfriend and girlfriend. For instance, whenever we go to the mall—yes, I drag him to my shopping trips all the time—a lot of salesladies think that we’re a couple. They always comment on how  we look like we’re really made for each other. Well, we always laugh and joke around when we’re together, that's always been natural to us.