Chapter 3

Naruto sighed quietly in relief as he made it to the last class of the day without any mishaps. I wonder when Gaara and his siblings are getting back from their holidays. I'm so bored. Naruto thought as he took down some notes for later reference for their project. The class was one of his favourites, taught by Kurenai Yuuhi. The Yuuhi heiress treats Naruto no differently from how she treats the others and for that he is grateful that she doesn't hate him, she even went as far as acknowledging Naruto's superb talent at art and labelled him her favourite student - not like she would announce it as she knows that a lot of students hate Naruto solely because the popular kids hate him.
"Naruto-kun?"
"Yes Ms Kurenai?" Naruto said politely, causing Kurenai to smile. She loved his attitude towards work and how he treats his peers and seniors but she hates how they treat him. Why do they hate this boy so much? "Do you mind working alone, sweetheart?"
"Ms! I don't think you should treat that dobe so nicely! And can I work with him?" This random kid asked, making everyone groan. They all wanted to work with Naruto, not because they like him but because they can shove all the work to him and get excellent grades.
"I choose how I want to treat my student! And no, you can't work with Naruto-kun. Stick with the partner I have assigned for you. Don't whine or I'm going to deduct marks for that rude behaviour." Kurenai said, trying to keep her voice calm as she felt anger rising. The kid grumbled but returned to his seat.
"I don't mind Ms Kurenai." Naruto said giving her a small smile, knowing she has good intentions. I should keep that in mind if the Yuuhi wants to be partners with the corporations later.
"Good! You'll all be selecting a topic from this bag. It has pieces of paper with art topics from doodling to portraits. Everyone can do as many topics as they like." Everyone pushed and shove to try get good topics. Naruto got shoved to the back of the line even though he was at the bag first. Students stuck their hand into the bag and fished out their topic. Many had started complaining about their topic. "Alright so it seems that there is only two topics left, Naruto would you like to do the honours?" Naruto nodded and fished out both as he wanted to do at least two. He gently smooth out the crumpled paper. "Doodling and portrait!" Kurenai announced and wrote it down on her notebook, causing many to protest saying they deserve the doodle topic. Kurenai banged her fist on the table angrly. "Shut up! I will not tolerate such rowdy behaviour! Now, your assignment is to research on the topic and present it in any form you like -essays, PowerPoint, etc.-. Then you have to create an artwork that is topic related. You have one week to complete this. No more complaints! Class dismissed! Naruto-kun, stay back, I wanna speak to you about your artworks that is on a website. The school wished to make an offer for them."
"Really sensei?! The dobe is going to get too cocky and he'll think he is the best!" Kiba exclaimed when he passed the classroom and heard that statement. "Kiba, I'm sure you're the one that is over your head." Kurenai insulted him before turning back to Naruto after slamming the door shut in his face.
"That woman! I'm going to make her regret! I will make sure the Inuzuka corp doesn't work with her family!" Kiba said, raging about Naruto getting a lot of attention. Hinata slapped his arm angrily when he wasn't hearing her calls. "Owwww, Hinata! What was that for?" Kiba asked his girlfriend as he rubbed his arm.
"There is no point raging about it and wasting your energy, let's go."

Naruto sighed again. "Thank you sensei." Naruto said once again after their discussion and 5 of his points was sold to the school's gallery at the price of 2 million. "What for?" She asked as she and Naruto sipped on their tea in the teacher's lounge.
"For protecting me from them." Naruto said quietly.
"It's not a problem. I can see you have great potential. We just need to protect the best to nurture the best. They just can't tell what is gold and what is fools gold." Naruto nodded, knowing exactly what she meant. Pyrite, aka fools gold, has a pale brash yellow hue that causes it to resemble gold. What Kurenai meant was that people can't tell what is real and what is fake, what has more potential and what doesn't.
"Why do you do it?" Naruto asked her.
"Why? Hm... I think I do it because I believe that you don't deserve this treatment, nobody does but sometimes I wish the tables would turn to come back to bite them all for their insolent behaviour."
"Oh sensei, it will. Just wait, we will sit back and watch as karma do them over." Naruto said with a small smirk gracing his lips, making Kurenai smirk as well. "You have something in store for them, don't you?"
"Yes I do and they will suffer for their arrogance." Naruto said before standing up to help clear the cups and left with a bow of respect to Kurenai. That kid... When he rises to the top, those brats that bullied him are going to suffer hell.