Chapter 9

"Why are we going to this uzumaki-Namikaze thing again?" Sasuke asked, annoyed that he couldn't go to his own parties. Itachi looked over towards his little brother coolly, hiding his annoyance and anger at the other Uchiha heir's attitude. "Because it is a very important day. It is to mourn the two clan heads that literally held up the entire economy."
"So if they're dead, who is making sure our economy doesn't collapse?" Sasuke asked, somewhat curious as he suddenly had thought of that.
"I'm not sure, they might tell us something if that question came up." Itachi said as he glanced at his phone when he received a text from Naruto. Itachi smirked at Naruto's little joke in the text before replying. The two of them could be considered sort of close, they would consult each other for opinions sometimes before making their final decisions. Usually they always went with the other's opinion as they were both very sure of each other and they trust each other to the point that they trust their lives in each other's hands.

When the two heirs arrived they greeted their parents who had arrived ahead before they went to their friends. "How come you got invited?" Itachi asked curiously as most of his squad isn't part of any important clan. Hidan and the rest shrugged, they didn't know either and they hope they would find out when this party is starting. A tall man with white hair and 2 red lines down either side of his face from his eyes along with a blond woman with honey coloured eyes and a big bust walked up to the stage where a podium was set up. The guest all became silent as they waited respectfully for the man or woman to begin. "Hello. I'm Jiraiya and I'm sure you guys all know Tsunade Senju. First of all I just want to say thank you for attending this very important event." Naruto shifted and headed towards a coffee machine in the other room to make coffee for Temari. He didn't want to cry in front of them. He know he was incapable of bawling his eyes out randomly unless he lets it anymore but you know? Just in case. Jiraiya and Tsunade both noticed the boy they consider their godson walk away, they looked at each other before Jiraiya continued.
"This event is to remember both Namikaze Minato and Uzumaki Kushina." Jiraiya said and moved to let Tsunade continue. She talked for a bit about how she treated them like they are her children and all before she passed it back to Jiraiya. The camera for the big screen swivelled back to Jiraiya. The big screen was for those that were further down the room and couldn't see who was on stage etc.
"Now there is a very special announcement to be made and I would like to invite a special person to come up on stage." Jiraiya never mentioned any name so everyone looked around to see who is moving up onto the stage. The camera moved to look for the person until it hit a blond that had his back to the camera when he had turned the last minute to hand the Sabaku heiress a cup of coffee which made her smile brightly and the male blond moved in to peck the heiress on the lip before he turned and headed for the stage. Temari was wearing a navy blue dress that was custom made for her as it was laced with Swarovski crystals and the design was unquestionably stunning, the plus for her was Naruto had designed it for her! He was wearing a black suit but he had opted for the casual look as he didn't wear a tie. A lot of the guest had gasped in shock when they saw the sun kissed yellow hair that was undoubtedly the deceased Namikaze's hair colour. "There's no way he is still alive!" Whispers erupted throughout the confined space. Naruto turned to face the guests when he reached the podium, he scanned everyone's faces and registered some shock and some surprised looks from everyone who knew him. His employees were all grinning from ear to ear, proud.
Naruto sighed as he waited for them to be silent, until he got a little annoyed that the popular kids from his school was about to try something. Naruto flicked his finger into the microphone which made a loud boom. Some got surprised, some were curious as to what was going on, some got scared and they jumped but no matter: it got their attention.
"Hello. Welcome to this party. I am not going to go on and on about with some unimportant and pointless speech so I'm going straight to the point. I'm not going to force you to listen because I wouldn't go: peasants bow down to the richest person in the entire history of mankind. No." Naruto said and he earned a few laughs. "I am Namikaze-Uzumaki Naruto, the heir of both Uzumaki and Namikaze clan. I stand here today to announce one, today is my birthday and I have made it to sweet 16." Naruto paused when his employees erupted into cheers and whoops. Naruto lips tugged into a ghost of a smile. "Second, I have been the one making sure the economy doesn't collapse, meaning I am the head of both corporations." The popular kids who all bullied him paled. Oh shit. We just jeopardised the relationship between the two richest clan and our own clan.
"That's all. Anyone want to say something?" Naruto asked.
"We! Want to protest!" One of Naruto's employee exclaimed. Naruto raised an eyebrow. "Che! Stupid dobe can't even please his own employees." Sasuke grumbled but a few people had picked it up. "Shut it Uchiha." Another of Naruto's employee yelled at Sasuke who flushed red in embarrassment at being caught.
"Anyways, go ahead. I would like to hear them and I'm sure we can work something out." Naruto said nonchalantly as he leaned on the podium and everyone's attention turned towards a big projector that showed a slideshow.
"Firstly, we would like to protest about the treatment of employees." Hakura, the leader of this 'protest', said as she clicked on a button and the slide changed to a picture labelled evidence number one. It was totally not what everyone was expecting. They were expecting something negative about the treatment but it wasn't. Not a single bit close. "This is a picture of one of the day's lunches. It consist of top quality salmon! Why would you spend so much money on us?!"
"Why not? I have the right to spend my money however I want it, and I choose to spoil people with it."
"But it's ridiculous! Yesterday, we had what? Top quality sashimi!"
"Would you like me to change the menu to top quality salad?" Naruto teased.
"Yes! If it is cheaper anything will do!" Naruto's lips tugged into a small smirk.
"Tell me do we earn in millions or in billions."
"More than billions." Hakura answered.
"But I only spend 1 million on everyone in the company, including the cleaners. That is for the entire year." Hakura twitched when she knew she lost the argument.
"Any more?" Naruto asked.
"... I doubt we would win anyways. So! We made you a gift! Please keep your eyes on the projector, Naruto-sama."