Chapter 35

"I hope you go to hell!" I hissed as Craven wrapped leather around my wrist that was on the chair. We were in his dining room that looked to have been a ballroom. Or it may have been just me thinking so but it was big. Pictures were all over the room with portraits of people. People that looked long gone.

"I know one day I will fall in the bottom of the pit but until then. I will enjoy my life as I see fit."

"And what's that? Torturing people? making them go crazy in fear knowing they will die any moment? Killing the people they love?" I felt my throat swell like I was ready to burst into tears and cry.

He smiled. "I did it for you. For us."

"There is no us. You're just some crazy fuck!" His face grew dark as if I hit a nerve. "If you're my real father then why are you doing this?" He became calm and took a deep breath.

"Because." He walked around me and pushed me in. He then walked around the table and stood on the other side with his arms out wide. "This is way."

"I don't get it."

"Because you don't see." Turning around quickly giving me a smile he said, "The portraits. They are our family. They have our blood. Blood that I need."

"You mean those are my siblings?" I looked at each one. They were beautiful, young, and... human.

"Yes. And you too will join them once I get what I want."

"Why? Why do you want my blood?" I asked.

"Why?" He frowned. "It's a very long story." I gave him a look saying I had time. He smiled. "It started when a vampire first mated with a human. It was then that everyone realised that we were able to have child. To be close to life. To be human again. It was a miracle for most of us, to feel alive." His smile went from ear to ear.

"When I met my wife all I could think of was longing, lust, love, family... life. We quickly realised that a child could be either human or vampire and that the mother must drink blood to carry the child and live through labour. My wife gave me wonderful children. I loved them all." He said walking at the end of the table to sit next to me. "And then word got out that a man drank his human child dry. They said when doing so he gained powers. Powers only pureblood have. Reading mind, controlling elements, talking to the dead, or even flying. Anything." He said as he sat down.

"I thought it was disgusting at first." He tilted head. "But years later I could not stop thinking about it. So one of your sister fell ill one day. She was bleeding so I licked it. And when I had that first taste I knew. I knew that I had to have more. And I killed them all." He smiled. "Aww the sweet taste of power I can still remember it. And don't think I don't remember yours." He looked dead at me. Shivers ran down my back as I moved my wrist around. "I took my time with you." He leaned closed to me. So close to me that he whispered in my ear. "Yours will be the sweetest."

"You're crazy."

"Oh no. You see, once I take your blood I will have the power to rule this world. And then we can be happy. You, me, your mother, and all your brothers and sisters." Does he think he can bring them back? Or is he just crazy?

"You think they're happy. They're gone and you will be left with nothing. Power isn't love. Its not part of a family. It won't bring back what is lost!" I yelled. "It wont bring back the dead." I whispered.

We looked at each other for a moment. He frowned but he slowly turned it upside down. "Oh, yes it can."

"Crevan!"

"It looks like our guests have arrived early. Don't you think?" Crevan smiled.