Prologue

Thea was having the same dream yet again.

The forest was never ending on all sides, tall trees towered over her and the sun filtered through the canopy creating rays of light. The crisp air burned Thea's lungs, the scent of dew and fresh grass having an oddly calming effect.

She was close to finding who she was looking for this time, she knew it.

When the dreams first started she didn't know who she was looking for. She only felt a sense of urgency, that if she didn't find them soon all would be lost. What that 'all' was, she still had no clue.

This dream was a little different from the others though. After wandering the forest for what felt like hours, she saw her; a woman standing in the distance wearing a beautiful white dress with dark brown hair falling down her back.

She stood with her back to Thea and she started running, trying to catch her before she woke up and lost her opportunity to figure out what this dream was about.

She tried to call out but her voice was mute. It didn't matter how loud she shouted, not a single sound passed her lips. Barefooted she ran, the forest floor soft beneath her feet.

Slowly, the woman grew closer and Thea reached out, grabbing her shoulder before she could escape. The woman turned and Thea inhaled sharply, finding herself staring at her own mirror image.

Her reflection smiled as she met Thea's eyes, "The moment has come, my child. Once more we are summoned to war. Prepare yourself."

Before Thea could try and ask what she meant, the dream melted away and she woke up, frustrated that she now had more questions instead of answers.