Chapter 12

Thea moved away from Hermes’ hand on her waist. "How does Poseidon keep the water suspended like that?"

"No idea. Usually everything is below water but because we were coming, he created the dome. He doesn't like having to do it but then, he's been underwater a long time."

"And you've had your head in the clouds too long."

Thea jumped at the voice and moved back towards Hermes. A man stepped out of the water, gold trident in hand, and Thea didn't know what to think. He wore a pair of skin tight black shorts and nothing more. Scars covered his chest and a single gold band was clasped to his right wrist. He was the oldest looking God she'd met so far. His hair was salt and pepper, edging closer to grey and it flowed down his back. His beard fell to his collarbone and he appeared to be in his late forties though the beard made him look older.

Green eyes glared at Hermes. "Damn air dwellers, think you're better than the rest of us below the waves."

"I never said that, Poseidon," Hermes said wearily as if this wasn't the first time they'd had this argument.

"You didn't have to say it!" he snapped. "Your tone says it all!"

His eyes turned to her and she braced herself. "So you're finally back, Lissandre?"

"My name is Thea."

"Whatever," he muttered. "It doesn't matter what your name is. Come on, let's get started then."

"Already? But we just got here -"

"And the sooner you leave the better!" he snapped. "I don't want to do this but damn Zeus thinks he can just boss me around like always, the arrogant bastard..."

His voice trailed off as he stalked off, and they followed after him into the underwater mansion. Thea leaned over and whispered to Hermes, "Is he always like this?"

Hermes nodded, his hand on her lower back. "Don't take any of it to heart. He's not used to having company and if you had to hang around sea creatures for all eternity you'd go crazy too."

Walking past the columns, they stepped into a large hall. Statues lined the walls of past warriors and heroes, none of whom she recognised. The detail of the carving was amazing, their expressions of pain and victory captured perfectly. A large staircase stood in the centre of the hall and Thea wondered why he needed a staircase when the place was underwater ninety-nine percent of the time. Seaweed hung from the railings and she saw a girl clad in nothing but a blue shift picking up the pieces.

Her brown hair fell to her shoulders, curling and framing her petite face. Brown eyes rose as they approached and came to rest on Hermes. She smiled and Hermes returned her grin, warmth filling his gaze. "Hello, Giselle. Still looking lovely, I see?"

She jumped towards them and planted a kiss on his cheek. Thea's stomach churned but she kept walking, pretending not to notice. "Lovely to see you again, Hermes. I have missed your face."

Her voice was soft and Thea didn't look, but her mind conjured up enough images to make her jaw clench. Hermes stopped walking and Thea decided to follow Poseidon, not really keen on watching the two of them flirt.

He walked up the long corridor and halfway down, he opened a door. "This is where you'll sleep while you're here. Don't get too settled; you won't be here long. I have to go and talk with Jaxon about that damn hole before I start this damn training."

"What hole?" Thea asked.

"The one Cronos made when he broke free of Tartarus. Didn't think to close it up, did he?" Poseidon thundered. "No, just leave a hole in my ocean floor and make me deal with Nyx and her bitching and moaning. She wants to close it from her end but I refuse to let her do it! She'll destroy my ocean floor and I won't have her destroy it just because she couldn't keep one Titan fucking contained!"

Forsaken Deityजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें