Chapter 6

Danielle's POV:

I awoke to the sound of my ring tone, my phone lay beside me ringing loudly. After recovering from the sudden alarm of hearing the loud noise, I picked it up. 

Liam's name was shown on the screen. 

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hi, hunny! Sorry I haven't been able to call you all day, we've just been so busy! Is it too loud? I feel like it's too loud. Niall shut up, I'm on the phone with Dani!"  Liam spoke. 

I giggled at his silliness, he was the mature one yet he was the silliest guy I know.

"I can hear you just fine, and it's okay, you're on tour, you don't have to worry about calling me. I'm good with a simple good night text." 

"Oh! I forgot about the time difference, sorry about that. So, how was your day?" 

That was tricky. I debated in my head silently over whether or not I should tell him about my hallucination. 

I picked no. 

"My day was great, although Eleanor was pretty weirded out over something." 

"That's just Eleanor being Eleanor. She probably just forgot to have her Starbucks this morning." 

I laughed at the accuracy of his statement. 

We chatted for a while longer over mindless stuff before finally saying goodbye. 

Once awake, I found it hard to fall asleep again. Instead of trying to go back to sleep, I just logged on to Twitter. 

I imediately regretted my decision. Hate of all kinds appeared on my screen and I could barely stand to look at it. 

Hate ranging from "Payzer is fake. How could Liam love someone like her?" to "She only "loves" him for his fame and fortune."  filled my eyes. 

This was what I hate about directioners. The fact that they could be so loving and supportive one minute but then a whole other group could be so mean the next. 

I couldn't take looking at all the fake accusations any longer, I locked my phone and tossed it somewhere on the duvet. 

I walked to the bathroom and stood in front of the mirror. I could see my reflection but wasn't happy with it. I knew what was happening but didn't have the guts to slow down and stop myself. 

Usually Liam is here to talk to me or sometimes even sing. I was having a panic attack. Hate usually caused those. 

I couldn't help but pick out every flaw on my body in front of the mirror. I started poking my cheeks, trimming my eye brows, and doing other stupid things to help improve my body image. 

Nothing helped. I could tell where this was going but the logical side of my brain was far behind the part of my brain that acts on instinct. 

I picked up my make up bag and searched through it. Pulling out my eye liner sharpener, I pried the blade out. 

I looked at the mirror again. 

Stop.  I told myself. 

The blade was tempting, it was an escape I had taken too often when I couldn't handle myself. 

But, Liam saved me from hurting myself. What would he say now? 

Seeing my tear streaked face and shaky hands. 

I breathed in short huffs and flushed the blade. 

I couldn't let the haters win. I exited the bathroom and laid back onto the bed.