Chapter 8

Danielle's POV:

We sat in silence for a long time, to long for me to keep track of. I sat in Liam's lap and played with the buttons on his shirt while he twisted my curls. 

"I think Zayn's asleep." Perrie whispered, pushing his hair back from his face. 

"Yes, we should all go, I think visiting hours are almost over." Zayn's mum said, leaning over to kiss his head.

"Do you think I could stay? I don't want to leave him." Perrie looked so.. depressed. It was hard to describe. 

It was as if Zayn's pain was rubbing off on her. 

"I think we're going to leave now, I'm sure there won't be a problem with you staying." Zayn's mom kissed him one more time before taking his sisters to leave. 

Eleanor and Louis had left a while ago, although they wished they could stay, it was obvious they were wanting some alone time.

"Hey I think we should be going now Harry.." Niall said checking the time on his phone. 

"Oh yea, do you need a ride guys?" 

Liam and I finally stopped messing with buttons and curls and looked up.

"No, we'll take a cab. But thanks." Liam responded. 

"Okay, bye Perrie. Tell Zayn we hope he's feeling better when he wakes up and all." They said as they hugged everyone goodbye.

"We should probably go." Liam whispered in my ear pulling my jacket over me. 

"Perrie? Are you sure you want to stay? You can come with us if you want."  I asked once more. We had been asking her all night to take a break but she never budged. 

"No. I want to stay. But thanks." 

I shrugged before hugging her goodbye and leaving. 

Once in the hallway, Liam grabbed my hand. 

"Come on." 

His hand covered mine, holding on tight but not too tight. 

"Well where are we-" 

I was cut off as he ran down the hallway, practically dragging me behind him. 

He took a sharp turn and ignored all the rude glares from workers. I giggled when one woman started yelling a little for us to stop. 

He ignored her and ran for the stairs. 

He went into the hallway and pulled me in a supply closet underneath them. 

"I missed you so much." He said, wrapping his arms around my waist. 

"I missed you too." 

I wrapped my arms around his neck and before I knew it, our lips were connected in a desperate-for-each other type kiss.

He softly pushed me against the wall and I moved closer to him. 

"Wait." I said, pulling away. His big brown eyes looked down on me and I felt so short next to him for some reason. I smiled.

"Aren't you scared someone will catch us?" 

He smiled a big smile before crashing his lips on mine again.

*****

Perrie's POV:

I laid my head on Zayn's chest and snuggled up close next to him. The rhythm of his heart sounded so melodic and sweet to my ears.

I can't believe this happened to him. 

He's so broken and messed up and it just hurts me. What would I do if something...worse happened?