Chapter 13

Perrie's POV:

"Hi, is visiting hours over yet?" I ask the blonde receptionist at the front desk.

She is on the phone and she glances at me before shaking her head. I nod and thank her quietly, walking toward Zayn's room. The hospital is quiet and peaceful and I smile at an elderly woman in a wheelchair.

I knock on the door, hoping Zayn isn't asleep. I still haven't decided if I will tell him about the little prank. I guess I just want to see him first, see if he's okay.

I hear a quiet voice that I can't make out but I know it's his. When I open the door Zayn is sitting on the bed shirtless, I stop in the doorway and smile softly at him. He always looks perfect, his beautifully inked skin always takes my breath away. But he looks so bruised, he looks better now. Just not as perfect.

"Hey, babe." He smiles.

His smile is so handsome, the way his tongue pokes out a little. It's enough to drive me crazy.

"Hi." I close the door as he stands up.

"How was your day?" I ask quietly, observing him from the corner of the room.

"Pretty boring considering all I can do is sit in a bed or walk around a room all day, how was yours?" He answers with a bit of a sour attitude..it grows softer as he finishes the sentence.

He eyes me and I can see that he is wondering why I am still standing in the corner.

We are standing so far apart, I want to hug him, or kiss him but his bruises remind me that he is in pain. The last thing I want to do is anger him by treating him like he's so fragile but what else can I do?

"We had a gig, but it was cancelled." I answer his question, slipping off my jacket with a shrug.

His brows knit together in confusion.

"Why?" He asks, sitting back down carefully.

"Can we not talk about it?" I choke out, I've made the decision to not tell him. The only thing it will do is either prove to myself how crazy I must be or worry him. My feet carry me toward the bed and I stand in front of him, he pulls me to stand in between his legs and I place my hands on his chest carefully so I won't hurt him.

"You look like you're in so much pain.." I whisper, tracing my finger along his collarbone.

He smiles softly, making me feel a little better for him. He usually doesn't like my sympathy but I can tell he's trying to accept it and not be temperamental about it.

"I'm fine. You worry too much." He teases and I roll my eyes.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I look down at him and I bite my lip.

He stares down at me, his eyes that are usually caramel brown are now a deep shade that are hard to read as his fingertips tap my hips where he is holding me in place.

I wrap my arms around him. He breathes out and I loosen my grip. Shit, I forgot..

"Perrie, seriously, quit treating me like a child." He mutters, pulling away. His patience grows short and now he isn't so fond of my sympathy.

"I'm sorry, I'm just not used to seeing you like this." The words fall from my mouth as I sit beside him on the small hospital bed.

I take note of the shabby walls, this hospital really isn't that nice of a place.

"Well let's forget about it, I don't want to think about how fucked up I look,okay?" He breaks through my thoughts, his hand wrapping around my wrist as he pulls me to him.