Chapter 12

Eleanor's POV:

The more I sit on the bench, the more I overthink things. I shouldn't have reacted the way I did when they asked me those questions, poor Robert was only doing his job. I was wrong to blow up, and to do it so close to the end of the interview. I just hate being accused of having a fake relationship. 

His job is to dig into your personal life.

My subconcious reminds me. I still feel bad though. I stand up to apologize when my phone buzzes. My breath hitches in my throat. Why am I so scared to check my phone now? The weird texts have stopped a little, I think. 

'That was a pretty nice show you pulled in there. Personally, we still think Louis should shave the beard.'

The number was blocked, like every other creepy texts I've been getting lately. My memory flashes back to the sign I saw with Louis this morning, it said Shave The Beard.

What did the person holding it look like? 

I try but I can't remember. I don't think the person had a face in all honesty, there were so many people anyways.

I thought these texts were stopping. I was naive to think so but I had hoped at least.

"What's wrong?" Louis asks, standing beside me and wrapping his arm around my waist.

I jumped and shrieked. I hadn't seen him walk up, I was too occupied by thoughts. His smile showed how ammused he was at my jumpy behavior.

"Sorry, babe, are you okay?" He repeats more serious this time. 

"Yes. I'm fine." I lie. 

It's better for me to lie right now, he shouldn't need to worry about me right now. Not ever. 

I can take care of myself, right? I'd like to think so.

"You sure?" He asks one more time and I nod.

I lock my phone and put it in my pocket again. 

"So, our interviews were the last thing they needed for the moive. They're editing it in tonight and it'll be out in a week." He said excitedly, already brushing off my weird behavior.

I can't help but feel a bit dissapointed that he didn't do what he used to do. He would usually stop at nothing to see if I'm okay, he would ask countless questions. Tug at my hair. 

Do anything to make sure I told him.

But he didn't. 

I smiled at him and grabbed my purse, he took my hand as we walked out the door. The crowd has died down a little but it was still huge. 

I looked for the sign. The sign I saw earlier, the message from the text. 

It wasn't anywhere in the crowd, or at least I couldn't see it. We climbed into the car waiting for us and once in, I glanced at Louis. He was on his phone. 

"Louis." 

"Hmm?" He said, not looking away from his phone. 

"I yelled at the inteviewer. They asked me if our relationship was fake. Do you think it will be in the movie?" 

I was nervous to how he would react. I told him I wouldn't and I did the exact opposite. 

He looks away from his phone for about thrity seconds and stares at me.

"Sorry, I was texting Harry." 

He puts his phone away. Texting Harry? What about? 

I push my nosy questions to the back of my head.