The Transfer to Fort Lewis

Today, I was moving to from Fort Drum, in New York to Fort Lewis, in Washington. I didn't mind moving, I was used to going from base to base every year. I am in the 1st special forces group, which means I must be ready and I'm on call at any moment.
My names is Niña Westhill.
"Westhill! Let's go! The truck's moving!"
I threw my last back in the back seat of my Chevy Silverado,and followed the guys up to Fort Lewis. It was a very long drive.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
By the time we got there and set up it was about 3 AM and I still had to set out to find my apartment I had found online, and would stay at. so i figured, I would stay at a motel, or my truck.
After searching for an hour I blew it off and covered with my teenage mutant ninja turtle blanket. I don't care what you say, they are amazing! So I slept, until about 8. I was used to late nights and early mornings. I used to get sick because of it, now its usual, my body adapted since. But the unusual thing was that I didn't wake up naturally i woke up from someone tapping the window.
I sat up rubbed my eyes and rolled down the window. It was a police officer. I immediately straightened up.
"Hello, ma'am."
"Good morning sir", i replied respectfully.
"May I ask what you are doing on the side of the road?" He raised his eye brow.
I smiled politely, "Well, sir...", I looked at his name tag, " Swan, I was looking for a hotel last night, but it was so late at night that I gave up and just slept here."
"Oh... Well if you need assistance, I can help you. Where will you be staying?" since I was in a tank top that said "American Soldier", You could see my tattoos, , which there were many, I turned to grab the paper with the address and handed it to him.
"Here, sir"
"Ah, I live on the next road after these apartments, I'll take you over there."
"Oh! You don't have-" he immediately cut me off.
"I will take you. Follow me." He got into his car and I sighed, following him to me apartments.