After depression (Paul's POV)

Its been 7 months. Since Nina and the guys left. I wear her dog tag everyday. Never took it off. I was kind of depressed. The whole imprint thing makes everything harder. I still tried to be happy. Nina always said "distract yourself and I'll be home before you know it." we write all the time. She is able to Skype me 1-2 times a month. I get a phone call once a week. It's easier to believe that she is just on vacation. Not fighting a war for a country she doesn't even live in. I'm just trying keep in mind. We wont ever have to go through this again. I also have been looking at rings. I plan to ask her to marry me when she gets back. I constantly look at her photos. She is gonna come back.
I rolled out of bed and showered and changed. running to Emily's. I don't feel as alone over there. "Hey Paul." Emily said.
"Hi Emily." She handed me some food. I slowly picked around at it. After a while Seth ran to the kitchen.
"You gonna eat that?"
I stared at the half eaten plate of food in front of me. "Nah man. You can have it. "
He took the plate and disappeared into the living room.
"I don't know what you are going through. But I do know, Nina isn't going to leave you. She is gonna do everything she can to come back to you." Jacob said from the other side of the table.
"I know. But... I'm Scared she won't. It's so difficult. You cant begin to understand it." He sighed, getting up and walking away.
Everyone was extremely careful around me. The last phone call I got from Nina there were bombs and gunshots going off in the background. That was 2 weeks ago. Haven't heard from her since.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
8 Months. Without her. 6 Weeks since our last conversation.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
9 Months. 10 weeks.
_______________________________________________________________________
10 months. 14 weeks.

My phone rang.
"Hello?"
"Hi." It was... her.
"Babe! Its you..."
"Yes it's me."
How..."
"Hey. Before you get too excited and stuff... I gotta tell you....." She took a heavy breath. "I was in an... accident" Her voice cracked. She did that when she lied. I wasn't gonna question it now though. "I had excess bleeding in my leg.... The only way to fix it.... Was amputation." I could tell she was holding back tears.
"It's okay.. I still love you. I will always love you."
"I gotta go I will see you soon" She hung up. Wait... See?