Shopping, and meeting new friends

After the officer led me to my apartments I called the guys and they helped me move in. After I thanked them, they left and I changed.
Once I realized it was about noon, I got hungry. I then decided to go to the store.
I walked in grabbing a cart and headed straight to the fruits and vegetables. I absolutely love cherries, and strawberries, and raspberries. So I grabbed a package of each. I walked down the soda aisle and got some variety sodas and juices. I ,then, made my way over to the chip and beer section of the store and heard loud voices from the aisle. A group of 2 boys and 2 girls were talking and laughing. I quickly grabbed a 24 pack of Budweiser easily. The boys kind of watched me and when they saw I didn't struggle they wolf whistled. I turned facing the other side of the aisle grabbing tortilla chips with cheese, spicy nacho Doritos, barbecue chips and Frito's. I started walking up the aisle when my phone rang.
"Westhill Speaking."
"Where are you? We went to your apartment thinking you'd be home" It was Mason, well William, but in the army we only ever call each other by our last names.
"I'm at the store. Speaking of which want anything?" I put one foot on the under bar of the shopping cart.
"Beer! And Chex Mix the normal kind"
"Alright, i already got the beer, I'll be there soon, it should be unlocked go on in"
"Alright, Mason is out." And with that he hung up the phone.
Pushing the cart up behind the group i grabbed the Chex Mix and went to get milk, and eggs and bread.
I had received a text from Jack Miller, a guy in my group, and wasn't looking when my cart collided with another I immediately looked up. "I am so sorry ma'am! I picked up the hamburger buns that fell out of her overflowing cart.
"Oh my gosh! I wasn't looking! I'm so sorry!"
"Apology accepted ma'am! Really I wasn't paying attention." I felt bad. A big guy came up behind the woman asking what had happened I immediately explained that I had received a text and wasn't looking when our carts collided.
"I'm Emily, and this is my fiance Sam."
"Hi, I'm new to this area. Name is Nina Westhill" Sam turned around yelling to a group of 2 boys and a girl to come over and meet me.
"Jared, and my girlfriend Kim" one boy said.
" Paul." Said the other shoving Jared and then he looked at me and froze.
"I'm Nina." Sam looked at Paul and immediately invited me over for their cookout tonight. "I would but I have guys from my unit coming over..."
"Unit? Like Military?" Emily asked concerned.
"Yes ma'am."
"That explains why you are so polite" I smiled.
"How about I give you my number, and you guys can call me over and I'll cancel with the guys."
"Okay, but I would love for your friends to come over as well it's the least we can do for your service."
"Really? I will ask and I'll give you a ring on our decision." We exchanges numbers and I cashed out after getting some monsters, and other foods. Emily was an absolute sweetheart! And that Paul guy... he was definitely a looker.