The Weekend on Base

AN: [So to make this a little less confusing "The guys" Are the guys from the platoon. "The pack" is well.. the pack.]

When we got back to the house, the guys from the platoon were being explained, the whole wolf thing. And about 2 minutes after Paul and I walked inside all of the guys, and my own, cell phones went off. Answering it the same way. "Westhill Here." All the guys following. "I accept the charges" after the phone call we all looked rather relieved it wasn't a special mission call. We just need to be at base this weekend to do training.
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
Friday. We were all leaving for the weekend. Me and Paul were texting a lot. And he actually didn't want me to leave today. But I was telling him this was the only weekend I had to.
Me and the guys left and arrived to the base 30 minutes later. We reported to our sergeant where he told us we would be coaching the new lieutenants. Basically working out with them. And we did. The entire weekend.
It was Sunday morning and we were helping everyone pack up, to leave base. Folding tents, checking to make sure all weapons were cleared and loading them into trucks, and gassing up the trucks. it was around 14:45 (2:45) When we were able to leave. The guys insisted on staying on base for a little bit. I, however, was going home. I got in my car starting the journey home, when Paul texted me. Glancing down at my phone, I unlocked it looking up on the road. Then looking down to read it, "Hey, How's base? I just wanted to know when I could see you again?"
If the guys were here typically they text for me. Taking a minor glance up at the road, I looked down texting back saying, "I'm on my way back now, I'll come over to Emily's?" Sending that I adjusted where I was on the road and drove into the apartment parking lot, I ran upstairs and changed ( ) Grabbing my phone I walked back to my truck and pulled out receiving a text from Bobby, "What are you doing" I didn't realize I was speeding up and I texted back "omw 2 emilys " When I looked back up it was too late.
A tractor trailer honked the horn and I swerved the end of my truck being hit by the truck, with such force my truck flipped multiple times. I smacked my head, off the window, my arm going up to shield my face, rolling a few more times. Then everything kinda just faded. Although I could hear sirens in the background of my fading world.
Paul's POV-
I was waiting for Nina to get here. And waiting. And all of a sudden I had a gut feeling something was wrong.