Panick Attacks and Ice Cream

Chapter 6: Panick Attacks and Ice Cream

Kitianna's POV

I woke up with a jolt of fear, pain seized my body and my breathing became ragged. The flashbacks, the nightmares, they would never leave her. I was shaking, but with an effort I reached the bedside table and drew out my anxiety pills.

Within a few minutes I had begun to calm down. You would think the nightmares wouldn't affect me after so many years, but that was hardly the case. Every nightmare felt even realer than the previous. But now there was a new addition, Kelsie and her gang calling me a slut.

It's true, I know. I am a slut, it was my fault, I could've fought back I could've tried to stop them. But no the pain and fear had taken control of my body then. It's my fault, no one else's.

I checked the time, it was 4am. I figured I should maybe get ready and go to the bookstore early, it opened at 5:00am, but my shift didn't start till 7.

I took a shower and got dressed. By the time I reached the book store it was 5:30. "What are you doing here so early Kit?" Paula asked, she was the quite middle-aged woman who had hired me.

"I couldn't sleep and didn't have anything to do, so I decided to drop in early" I said with a smile playing on my lips."Ok dear, we barely get any customers this time of day. Would you mind watching over the stood I have to run a few errands" I just nodded my head. Paula thanked me and left.

I heard the bell ring a few minutes later, signally a customer. "Welcome to The Book Sho-", I cut myself off when I realized it was no other than Zander and his buddies who had walked in.

Zander's POV (from the morning)

I woke up to the beeping of my alarm. I had set it this early because I wanted to go to the book shoppe early, I knew my mate was working today. 'Get your lazy asses up, we're going to the book shoppe to see my mate!', I yelled through the mind link to my buddies.

I heard a chorus of groans. I smiled, by 5:30 they were all ready and had eaten breakfast. We left and reached the shop around 6. As soon as we got out of the car and stood in front of the shop, I was enveloped in Kit's sweet scent of strawberry vanilla.

I walked into the store and the bell rang. There I saw my mate, her dark brown hair twisted and held up by an alligator clip, her tiny little black glasses and her bangs over top, she was the definition of beautiful.

"Welcome to the book Sho-" she stopped speaking when she realized it was me and my buddies. She regained her composure and spoke. "Umm how can I help you?". I looked and just said "Just browsing through the books" she smiled and said "Ok, just call me if you need any help, and the lounging area is over there". I nodded and we sat down on the couches.

I watched intently as she went into the back room and came out with a box full of new books in need of stocking. She couldn't reach the shelf so I walked over. "Need some help?", "yes that would be much appreciated I almost melted as she smiled. Jake and Damon just snickered in their seats. 'Dude you are so whipped' Jake said trough the pack link. I turned around and sent him a glare.

We were stocking shelves when I dropped a book. Kit bent over to pick it up, completely exposing hear jean-clad bottom to the guys. They gave a few lustful stares and I couldn't stop myself and let out a ferocious growl.

Kitianna's POV

As I got up, I heard a ferocious growl come from Zander, it was animalistic. Just like the growls from that night. Fear clouded my eyes as I looked up to him. He had a concerned look on his face. I began to shake, I couldn't breathe, I felt the memories and flashbacks invade my mind. The alley, me them. I dropped to the ground, I heard voices in the background, I couldn't hear what they were saying.

Someone touched my shoulder, I jumped and moved back. Suddenly I was in the alley again. "PLEASE DON'T HURT ME, I'M SORRY, I CAN'T-DON'T!!!HELP ME". Sobs were racking the my body,I was curled up in a ball. They were ripping my clothes off "MOMMY, DADDY HELP! ANYBODY PLEASE!!!" I let out one blood curdling scream after another.

Then I heard a voice. It was Zander. "Kit, Kit please Oh my god" he was saying it softly. Then I heard Paula "oh god Kit, honey you're safe, it's okay", she soothed. I had my eyes sealed shut. "Grab her bag for me" she yelled. I heard the rattling of the pills. Then she fed them to me.

Zander's POV (after he growled)

Kit froze, she started shaking, I could hear her ragged breaths. Will, Damon, Quinn and Jake walked over as she fell to the floor. She curled up into a ball and sobs were going through her shaking little body. She let out a whimper, then she screamed "PLEASE DON'T HURT ME, I'M SORRY, I CAN'T-DON'T!!!HELP ME". It was horrifying each little sob was breaking my heart, "MOMMY, DADDY HELP! ANYBODY PLEASE!!!" She let out one blood curdling scream after another.

I tried to calm her down "Kit, Kit please Oh my god" I said softly trying to help. Then The lady that I recognized as the store owner ran in and held Kit. "Oh god Kit, honey you're safe, it's okay", she soothed. Kit had her eyes sealed shut. "Grab her bag for me" she yelled at Will, he rushed back with it. I heard the rattling of the pills. Then she fed them to Kit.

Kitianna's POV

I began to calm down, I opened my eyes tears blurred my vision. Paula carefully wiped them away, then in a soothing voice she said "They can't hurt you Kit, you're safe with me, they can't get you." Paula was the only one who new about the incident, she acted like a real mother towards me unlike my biological one.

"P-Paula" I stuttered "Yes baby?" She replied quietly. I tightly held onto whatever was beside me. Which was Zander, I felt sparks and he was warm. I unconsciously warmed up and cuddled closer to him. "Oh thank god you're alright Kit, I just- I don't know what I would do without you". I just tightly held his shirt and burrowed my face into his neck.

I barely knew him but he was kind. "Thank you so much, Zander..thank you" I said quietly. I turned around and jumped into Paula's arms, "Paula, I love you, thank you so much" I kissed her on the cheek.

Zander's POV

I was jealous, surprised and angry all at the same time. Jealous because I wish she would give me a kiss and say she loved me. Surprised because of the way she hugged me and angry at whoever did this to her.

I calmly asked "Would you like to go to the Ice cream shop across the street to calm down a bit?". She wiped always her tears and sniffled, "Yes, and thank you.", she whispered in a small voice. "Okay let's go" I said, I felt my heart swell with happiness.

---------------------------------------------

A/N Sorry for not updating. It's just exams this week, but they're over after Tuesday expect many updates then. :D