Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word

Chapter 10: Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word

Zander’s POV

This was it, every icy stare I had been giving her hurt so much. I felt nothing when I kissed Kelsie, but when I saw Shay shaking Kit all my emotions snapped back and I pushed Kelsie away. I saw a tear fall down Kit’s face, and then she ran so far, so fast.

I tried to go after her but Kelsie grabbed my arm, I turned and fiercely growled. “Zander, baby stay with me. I have so much more to offer you…” she trailed off, attempting to be seductive.

 I ripped my arm away “You have nothing to offer which every other guy in this room has already have!” I exclaimed and ran towards Kit’s dorm.

I banged on her door, I yelled as loud as I could but it was quiet on the other side. Someone touched my shoulder, I turned to see Jake and Quinn “It’s late and she’s probably gone to sleep” Jake said softly.

“You fucked up man” Quinn said, with a frown.

“I know” I said quietly’ “I know”.

Kit’s POV

I woke up slowly; I only slept for a bit because of the nightmares, they wouldn’t leave me alone. I was about to lie back down, but then my phone started ringing; it was Paula (A/N in case you forgot she owns the book shop).

“Kit could you please come in and work today, I only have Trey here and you know store policy. I promise you’ll get an extra day added on to your vacation” she desperately said.

‘”Sure I can come in”. I hung up the phone after she thanked me and we exchanged goodbyes. I got ready and wore the new shirt Craig had sent me through mail. It was a nice blue long sleeved shirt which I wore with my black skinny jeans. I once again pinned up my hair and left for work.

When I reached the store, I saw Trey at the counter, he kindly smiled at me “Paula left to go get some new shipments, she won’t be back till closing” he said.

“That’s all right” we smiled at each other and then started talking. This was the longest conversation we’d ever had, but it was amazing, we spoke about thing ranging from book, comics, time travel, inventions, his girlfriend, food and now we were fighting over vegetables.  In such a short time he got me to open up and now he knew all about Zander and I, it truly felt like I had gained another best friend and brother.

“Onions ARE DISGUSTING!!! A TOMATO HAS SEEDS SO IT’S A VEGETABLE DO YOU HEAR ME??!!” I yelled.

“THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL AND GIVE FLAVOUR TO FOOD!! AND TOMATOES ARE A VEGETABLE!!!” he screeched, by now we were nose to nose forehead to forehead.

We both burst out laughing and dissolved into fits of giggles (well I giggled and he chuckled). By then Paula had comeback and asked us how it was. We just told her how everyone had minded their own business and only spoke to us when they wanted to buy the books.

As we were leaving and packing up, I checked my messages only to see 18 missed calls from Zander and 53 texts. I just ignored it and placed my phone in my pocket. Trey saw my solemn expression and said “That douchebag texting you again?”.

“Ya, but it’s okay I deleted him from my contacts.”

“Hey I’m going to go meet Mia [his girlfriend] for dinner want to come?” he asked with a smile.

“Umm…are you sure, I mean I don’t want to intrude or anything like that” I said sheepishly.

“No it’s no problem, I actually want her to meet you. I know you guys will be great friends” I thought about it and remembered Shay was staying with Damon for the summer so I don’t have to go home early.