Take Me Away, A Sweet Escape

Zander's POV

I scowled as we made our way to the ice cream shop. Quinn, Jake, Damon, Chase and Will all insisted on tagging along. But I was glad, I was with my mate and that was all that mattered.

When we reached the shop we sat in one of the booths I let Kit go in first so it would only be me and a wall beside her. The waiter came by and as soon as he saw Kit he smirked.

"Hey there cutie, can I take your order?", Kit's cheeks blushed a tint of pink and she said "Cookies and Cream please". I was fuming and just about ready to punch this guy in the face.

She was MINE, no one else's! She belongs with ME. Gosh I've only known this girl for four days and I was head over heels for her. Well technically not head over 'heels', because I don't wear heels. So I guess head over nikes, but that doesn't really count...I snapped out of my trance when I noticed the waiter looking at me with an annoyed expression. "What would the rest of you like?" He sneered. "Your head on a silver platter", replied Damon. "We'll all have Rocky Road" Will said. The guy scowled and walked away.

Kit was making pleasant conversation with the guys. "So Kit, what are your favourite things to do?" Quinn asked. "Well just reading and listening to music really"she replied quietly. They started talking and then she and Damon started arguing about which was better Twilight or Harry Potter. (A/N I'm a Potterhead :p, but I've got nothing against Twilight and the fans).

"No, Harry Potters better like seriously Twilight! Stupid mushy romance with soulmate crap!" She almost yelled, I was surprised I guess this is what the real Kit was like a little spitfire. "No, the werewolves are awesome! Screw Harry and his little magic stick!". Kit turned red, but started laughing really hard. We all looked at her confused. "That's. What. She. Said" she exclaimed between laughs. Then we all laughed 'magic stick'.

I remembered a Harry spotter pickup line. "Hey Kit, I've been whomping my willow thinking about you" I winked, she blushed furiously and burst out laughing.

Kitianna's POV

I was laughing, for real. It's been five years since I've been this happy. I was myself and I was happy. These guys were like brothers to me, except for Zander. But I know deep down once he saw how broken I was he wouldn't want me. Even now I'm just ugly. But I'll enjoy this while I can.

Just then the waiter came back, but since there were a lot of us there were two. It was the guy from before and a really pretty blonde. She looked like a model, I felt so stupid sitting here with good looking muscular guys.

The guy waiter looked and winked at me, I blushed again. He slipped me a piece of paper and said "Call me anytime cutie". Zander was glaring at him, he just shrugged. Meanwhile the blonde model took one good look at Zander and lowered herself to set down the bowls putting her boobs eye- level with Zander's face.

She stood up normally and flirted with the guys. They all looked at her with lust. She took one look at me and gave me a dirty look. I looked down in shame. Ugly. Worthless. I remembered who I was, and where I didn't belong. She walked away swaying her hips.

I kept my head down. Stupid. Ugly. My insecurities were overwhelming me. Then I heard her speaking with the guy who gave me my phone number, she was speaking loud, making sure I would be able to hear. "Did you see the ugly little slut sitting with those guys? They probably only keep her around for sex!" The guy and her snickered and laughed.

"I gave her my number, little slut will probably call me up. I'm just gonna reject her anyways." He said I between laughs

My throat swelled, my hands were sweaty, another panic attack was coming on.