eight » good people and good kisses

a/n- this chapter is kind of long, but i honestly really like it. there are a couple of deep messages that are addressed in this chapter so i think thats pretty cool :-) this is also a pretty fluffy chapter and i think this'll be good for you guys because chapter nine is gonna be pretty intense.

also,, if anyone thinks that this book is going by a little too fast, this is just the pace of the book. it's meant to go by at this pace!! i know it may seem a little awkward/different but this book is (approximately) going to be about 20 or so chapters long, and there's a lot i need to fit into 20 chapters. if it took 10 chapters for cara to begin to really unwind when around calum, the book would just be a little draggish. i hope this makes sense somewhat haha.

the song cara and cal listen to on the radio is called Harlem by New Politics and they're super underrated in my opinion so i've left the audio linked to this chapter so you guys could listen to it if you want :-)

THIS CHAPTER ALSO HAS QUITE A COUPLE OF CUTE QUOTES SO IF YOU WANT, LEAVE YOUR FAV QUOTE IN THE COMMENTS BC IM CURIOUS!! x alright, enjoy.

stay happy

x bri

-

[ cara ]

I spend my money on the regular miracles

Just like you like me like everybody else

Up on the sun looking sad and beautiful

Just like you like me like everybody else

When it gets loud, I turn it up

Shake it like a bad girl up in Harlem

When it's too hot, I light it up

Light it up yeah smoke em if you got em

"Here come the jets, hide my money in your tube socks!" I belted out, the second verse of one of the best New Politics songs engraved in my memory like the alphabet.

"Run like me, like hell, like everybody else." Calum finished, his head bouncing as his fingers tapped to the rhythm of the song against the steering wheel. I laughed loudly and turned the volume of the radio down a little bit, before sticking my hand out of the passenger window. "Since when did you start listening to the New Politics?" he asked, keeping his eyes on the rather desolate road.

I turned to look at him curiously. "What do you mean? I've always liked the New Politics."

"Really?" He sounded rather surprised. "I thought Cara was the only one into that kind of music?"

I bit the inside of my lip and turned to look back out of the passenger window. Right. Cara liked the New Politics, not Elena. I was Elena right now, not Cara. Maybe I was growing to be a little too loose around Calum? Maybe I was beginning to become a little too loose in general. I mean I'd nearly sold myself out to Ashton earlier today- if it weren't for Luke, he may have been the first one to suspect something. Maybe he already did suspect something, but wasn't saying anything. What wold I do then? What would happen if he told Calum or Michael or Luke? I cursed to myself, and brushed the topic off for now- I had one job, and that was to cover up for Elena.

"I've kind of grown out of my old music taste," I shrugged, finally answering him. "Cara's gotten me into some pretty good music lately, to be completely honest."

Calum laughed and looked at me as if he didn't believe me. "Really? Like what?"

I thought about the question for a moment. "I've been liking Madness by Sleeping With Sirens lately."