Chapter Three

“And these are the quarantine rooms,” Everett says, as we walk down a long hallway. There are some rooms with large windows for the doctor’s observation. At the end of the hallway is a set of doors. We walk towards those doors when we come across a room marked “padded cell #1”.

“There are padded cells here?” I say.

“Yep. Five of them. Only one is in use,” Everett says. “And it’s that one.”

I walk over to the sturdy steel door and look in the small window.

It’s a padded cell, alright. The walls, floor, and even ceiling are made out of soft padding. There’s only one window in the room and it’s tiny, placed high up on the wall, and has steel bars on it. That room looks more like a prison cell than anything.

In the room, there’s a bunch of guards putting a straitjacket on a girl. she has long blonde hair down to her bottom. She’s really pretty.

“Who is she?” I ask Everett. He laughs a little bit.

“She is Marilyn Bender. Also known as the craziest girl here,” Everett says.

“What does she have?” I ask Everett.

“What does she not have, is the question. Dude, she’s insane. Let’s put it this way. She was originally locked up at the state prison but escaped, so they sent her here,” Everett says.

“What did she do?” I ask.

“Killed her parents. Then, get this. She’s cannibalistic. That’s right. Anyway, the police caught her, and brought her to prison. She broke out. Killed four guards with her bare hands. She’s a criminal mastermind. She’s also a prodigy in the medical field. She knows more about the human body than some doctors do. She knows how to kill accurately. She’s a genius. But, she’s insane. Schizophrenic, pyrotechnic, you name it. She’s a psychopath. She doesn’t love. It’s physically impossible for her. She can seem normal, until you really look at her. She’s cold hearted, dude. Marilyn is pure evil. Down to the core. The way her mind works is incredible, though. She can’t forget anything. She remembers every single thing she’s ever done, seen, or heard like it just happened. They’ve had psychologists in there to study her. Only the guards are allowed to physically touch her, though. She’s incredibly strong. Doctors can’t even go into her cell. There’s a window next to this door where they can observe her. Marilyn hasn’t come out of that cell in two years. She’s given food through a hole in the wall, and she has a bathroom that she uses. She’s really crazy. Sure, she’s wildly attractive until she finds a way to kill and dismember you with a piece of paper. I’ve seen her murder a nurse with her bare hands. That’s why she has the straitjacket. She’ll hurt others. Marilyn has broken out of her cell before. Now, she has armed guards that stand outside the door most of the time. They’re on break now. I’m guessing she just had another test done. They do a lot of psychological tests on her. They’ve tried everything on her. Electric shock, medications, it just doesn’t work. So, she’s locked in a padded cell with a straitjacket and shackles on her ankles so she can’t stand up and escape. No one really knows exactly how her mind works. Don’t let her blonde hair, innocent face and baby blue eyes fool you. That girl is the most insane girl on the planet. She’s a psychopathic cannibalistic killer,” Everett says.

“She sure doesn’t look crazy,” I say, as we’re walking away.

“Well, she is. She’s insane. She killed her parents and then ate them. The cops got her before she could get her little brother. They couldn’t handle her so they sent her here. Right now, she’s probably on some sedatives that calm her down but usually, you can hear her screams, cursing, and yelling at night. So, I’m warning you about that. Don’t be alarmed. It’s just mental Marilyn. That’s her nickname. Mental Marilyn is the craziest resident this asylum has ever had,” Everett tells me.