Chapter Nine

“No one has ever told me they…they care,” Marilyn says.

“Well, I do. I care about you. I don’t think it’s your fault that you’re the way you are. You can’t help it. It’s how you were born,” I say. Marilyn is very confused.

“You really…care?” Marilyn says, in utter disbelief.

“Yes. I do. I don’t hate you. I think it’s wrong that all you’re used for is testing. Yes, you are a psychopath, but you can’t help it. It’s not something you chose. You were born with mental disorders. I was too. So were my parents,” I say. Marilyn looks at me for a moment. I can’t tell how she feels. I push my hair back with my hand.

“Go, Donovan. Now. Get the fuck out of my cell. Now,” Marilyn says. I’m confused. Really confused. I just told her I cared, and she’s pissed at me.

“What?” I say, wishing that I’m hallucinating.

“Get out before I rip your face off,” Marilyn growls moving closer to me. She’s now at my feet staring up at me.

“Marilyn,” I say. “I’m confused.”

I don’t go anywhere, which is a bad idea. Marilyn swings her legs, causing me to fall down. She moves and ends up kicking me square in the face, and I can feel my eye already start to swell. She has amazing mobility given her circumstance.

“I told you to get out,” Marilyn says. She moves so she’s on top of me. She’s glaring down at me. Then, she head-butts me, and it hurts. It doesn’t seem to affect her. It does affect me, that’s for sure. I’m about to cry, it hurts so badly.

“You fucking bitch,” I say. I move over top of her, and she kicks me in the crotch, causing me to roll onto my side as I hold my crotch, cowering in pain.

“I’m dominant. I always am. I’ll kill you, Donovan.” Marilyn says, moving on top of me and pinning me down against the ground. She’s light, but when I’m in the amount of pain I’m in, it keeps me pinned down.

“You’re just a bitch. That’s what you are,” I say. Marilyn growls, and bites my shoulder, biting down as hard as she can, right on the bone. I whimper in defeat and pain. I feel and hear something snap. It’s a bone. She’s broken my shoulder. She’s bitten through the shirt,  and it’s starting to bleed. It hurts worse than any pain I’ve ever felt.

“Your clavicle is broken. I snapped the bone clean in half. It hurts, doesn’t it?” Marilyn whispers in my ear. “Not so tough, now are you?”

A guard pulls her off of me, and another helps me to my feet. Marilyn curses at me and the guards until she’s given a sedative.

I do get in trouble. I get lectured by a few guards on why Marilyn is guarded, and what she could do to me. I have my arm in a sling, and ice for my eye which is purple and swollen, my crotch which hurts a lot, and my forehead. I get a pass to skip class the following day. 

Everett and Toby bring me my homework. I’m lying in bed, the ice on my crotch and face.

“Dude, you look horrible,” Toby says. I groan, as I sit up.

“I feel that way. Dammit. She broke my man parts. I can’t pee. Is that bad?” I say. The guys laugh, and I frown.

“Who kicked you in the crotch?” Everett laughs. He sets the textbooks down on the floor.

“Mental Marilyn. I actually talked to her. She did most of the talking, then kicked my ass. She bit my shoulder and broke the bone. With her teeth,” I say, pressing ice to my shoulder. “Oh, and she was on top of me and whispered in my ear. I’ll admit it. It was hot.”

“Damn. Awesome. She’s so damn hot,” Toby says. “I’ve dreamt about her.”

“They’re wet dreams. We share a room. I’ve caught you making out with your pillow, and I see the stains on the sheets,” Everett says. Toby blushes, and I laugh.

“Are you planning on going to see her again?” Toby asks.

“No. Not soon anyway. I want to heal up. I certainly want to be able to go pee again,” I say. It’s true. I am confused, and maybe a little mad at her. I told her I cared about her, and in return, she beat me up and got pissed for no reason. I wish I knew why. I really do. I still care about her. I won’t stop doing that. Mental Marilyn confuses me.