Chapter Twenty-Two

Twenty-Two: Marilyn’s P.O.V

Sitting with a bunch of boys that didn’t expect me to be eating with them is interesting. Everyone is staring and whispering. I have never come out of my cell, and actually eaten lunch with the rest of the people here. Donovan is holding my hand, and I’m looking between him and the food-which doesn’t look edible-curious as to what I’m going to do next.

The boy with blonde hair and blue eyes sitting across from me, one of the boys who has tormented me, clears his throat in preparation to talk.

“Okay. Um, Marilyn, are you seriously going to kill us for tormenting you?” He asks. Donovan looks at him, his eyebrow raised.

“Everett, don’t go there,” Donovan mutters. I look up at Donovan. I put my hand on Donovan’s arm.

“No, no, Donovan. Let him go there,” I say. Okay, so maybe I may be having those “feelings” again. Those feelings that make me want to see bloodshed.

Donovan puts a hand on my back and leans over.

“Marilyn, don’t do anything you’re not supposed to. I’m going to go to the bathroom, okay?” Donovan whispers. I nod, smiling innocently. Donovan kisses me, and leaves. As soon as he’s out of the cafeteria, I turn back to face the boys, and my smile goes away.

“Okay. Now when you taunted me, you did piss me off, boys. You pissed me off a lot. All of you know how dangerous I am. I haven’t changed much. I’m still mental Marilyn. That’s what you call me, isn’t it? I’m still a psychopath,” I say, in almost a teasing tone. “I’ll still kill you.”

I lean forward, on my elbows. The boys are staring at me intensely. Everett, the blonde one, looks away, and I grab his chin, digging my nails into his skin. He’s looking at me with fear. I lean forward and whisper in his ear.

“I can tell that you’re scared, Everett,” I whisper. Everett is shuddering with fear. I laugh quietly, then grab the back of his head and slam his head down against the table, breaking his nose immediately. I laugh, and by the time Everett is about to say something, Donovan is back. I smile innocently at him, and he sits down, looking at Everett. Everett’s nose is bleeding pretty severely, and the people around noticed. They don’t dare to tell any of the doctors or hospital workers.

“What’s going on?” Donovan asks. I look at all of the boys and they’re hesitant to tell him.

“Don’t tell him. I’ll come after you next,” I mouth, while Donovan puts his hand on my back.

“Um, just a random nosebleed,” Everett says, laughing a little bit, covering the pain. I smile. Okay. I guess I haven’t changed all that much. They deserved it though. They were the ones who taunted and tormented me, so it’s payback.

I walk back to the room with Donovan, and he asks me again about what I did to Everett. I finally admit it once we’re away from the crowd, and in the room.

“Marilyn! I thought you were changing!” Donovan yells. I heave an aggravated sigh, and cross my arms across my chest.  Donovan does look pissed off at me.

“Well, I’m not. I told you,” I state. “I’m still a psychopath. I’m still going to want to hurt others. And he was totally asking for it.”

Donovan sighs- probably not wanting to listen to this again- and looks down at his shoes then back up at me.

“Oh really? How?” He asks. I have to think about this for a moment. I mean, he didn’t do anything at the time. I just…well, wanted to hurt him.

“He just was, okay?” I say, turning around so my back is facing Donovan. I hear the sound of his shoes against the room’s soft padded floors, walking away from me. I turn back around, and look at him. He’s pinching the bridge of his nose. I walk over to him, but he holds up his hand, telling me to stop, and I do.

He turns and looks at me.

“You know, Marilyn? Sometimes, you make me want to just rip my hair out. You’re aggravating. Very aggravating,” Donovan says, putting his hands on the sides of his head. I feel a wave of rage hit me, and I stare at him, moving closer to him, and cornering him at the same time. He starts to walk backwards, until he can’t keep walking.

“Oh, Donovan. You shouldn’t have gone there. Now, I’m a little bit pissed,” I say. I put my hands on either side of his head, standing on my toes, and trapping him in.

“Okay. Marilyn, I’m sorry. Please don’t hurt me,” Donovan begs, regret and fear in his eyes. I laugh, looking over my shoulder then back at him. I lean in, so I can whisper in his ear.

“You’re lucky. I’m not going to hurt you, because I want to be in love with you. Just don’t let it happen again,” I whisper. I pull back, after kissing his cheek, and needless to say, he’s in shock. I smile and walk the other way. Donovan slides down the wall, sitting at the point where it meets the floor.

Whoa. Maybe I’m not changing. I’m just the same as I was before.

I’m still mental Marilyn.