17 - elevators and eatin' good

ok so i know i keep stretching this but i'm trying to fit in all the cute couple stuff as possible because as soon as i get goin w the dinos, you know they gonna b leavin Jurassic world so i'm trying to keep up with the cute bf/gf stuff before they leave (:

zach's pov

As soon as we were up the next morning, Kiley was out of her comfy sweats and into a bikini, much to her dismay, but it turned out perfect for me, granting me a beautiful view. She pulled on a baggy Nike t-shirt(which was mine) over her bathing suit and we headed down the elevator.

When we reached the pool, Kiley was off and running but stopped when she saw Claire and Clayton sitting on the lawn chairs. Clayton looked annoyed, sitting there in his swim trunks, crossing his arms over his perfectly sculpted chest.

I knew Kiley thought he was charming and cute, and though I hated to admit it, Clayton was fairly handsome and had almost every teen girl by the pool gawking at him. That was, until, I took my shirt off. It wasn't a competition or anything, but Clayton: if you're reading this, I won.

"Hey kiddos, I was wondering if you could maybe..hang out with our good old buddy Clayton." Claire suggested, giving him a shove forward.

"Our?" I questioned, eyeing Clayton with a smirk.

"Save it, Mitchell. I already know you don't like me. Claire, can I just leave?" Clayton snapped, rubbing the goosebumps on his arms softly.

"Ooh, you got told," Kiley murmured, poking my nose. My frown was replaced quickly with a smile once I looked at her.

"Whatever, Clinton—"

"—Clayton!"

I snickered at the poor kid. "Yeah, sure. Just, if you feel like it, you can come chill with us in the pool. I guess."

"Whatever. I'll just stay here. You can go, Claire. You're not my mom." My aunt, obviously appalled at the sudden change in demeanor of the usually subtle and polite boy, pursed her lips and stomped off.

Immediately after Kiley and I had found a seat across the pool from Clayton, dinosaur "nerds" that looked to be the age of Gray stampeded him, wanting an autograph. I was baffled, because the first time I had heard the name,'Clayton Malcolm,' was yesterday evening, and now everyone knew who he was.

I hopped off of the lawn chair and pulled Kiley into the water with me, which was surprisingly warm.

Probably piss.

Seconds after I encountered that disgusting thought, Clayton was jumping into the water with a cheap beach ball in his hand, looking recharged and as peachy as ever.

"Who wants to play monkey in the middle?" He shouted to us. Like a child, he pressed a finger to his nose and mumbled,"Not it."

Kiley was the last to catch on and was, of course, the monkey in the middle. She groaned and stomped in between the two of us.

Now, if I'm being honest, Clayton threw like a "girl," in the figurative speech type of way that meant he just plain sucked. I thought to myself with some very colorful figurative speech about going over there and inspecting his genitals to check and see if he really was a dude or not, but then I tore my eyes off of him to witness yet another shit throw.