before

i think it's the way his feet were scraping against the floor.

i hate that.

i think it was the way she scrunched up her nose every time  spoke.

i love that.

i think it's the way he was staring at me while i forced food down.

i hate that.

i think it was the way she tried to look anywhere but me.

i love that.

--

"i never thought i'd see the inside of a place like this, it scares me."

she rolled her eyes and pulled one of her old books off the dresser that was beside her bed,

"well you must've been curious, you signed up for this."

his frustration that had been building up from weeks of 45 minute sessions with her finally bubbled over, leaving him red in the face and screaming.

"i know that, ana! don't you think I fucking know that?!"

he watched silently as she moved the book back to the table, lips shut in annoyance as she sat up.

"leave,then. would you like me to hold the door for you, einstein?"

by then she had crossed the room, feet now planted firmly infront of the boy. her fists attacked his chest as he attempted to smother her into his chest for a hug.

he carried her to her small wooden bed, ignoring her screams.

"i won't leave, i can't leave. you know it. you know i'm going nowhere."

she mumbled incoherent words of doubt into the boy's chest, him immediately dispelling each of the words before she had even finished.

××

hope you lot enjoyed. consider this a 'prologue'.

all my best,

luna x