second

two weeks later

niall and ana sat across from eachother on ana's wooden hospital bed, throwing fruits back in forth and asking eachother questions.

"okay, favourite colour?" ana asks, while picking a grape off the edibile arrangments basket niall had brought her and throwing it in his direction.

niall caught the fruit in his tounge, rolling it to his teeth where he crushed it and brung it to the back of his throat.

"probably green," he spoke "you?"

as ana placed a finger to her chin to wonder, niall gazed at her and thought about all the fact that they'd only known eachother for two weeks. she hasn't opened up to him yet, which is apart if the main reason behind the buddy system.

but the problem was, he wasn't sure if he wanted her to. from the first day they had met, and done secret prank calls with his phone, he'd met happy ana. and he knew that there was a sad ana, a depressed one that was so sad about her body that she'd stopped eating, but he just didn't want to meet her.

he liked this ana, his ana. the familiarity of her was just what right now felt like home, not the broken and upset ana everyone liked to tell him about.

"red," ana spoke, "wanna know why?"

he nodded, but he wasn't exactly with her. he was more focused in the fact that he was the only one who'd eaten from the basket,yet half of it was gone. his thoughts wandered until he heard a particularly disturbing thought come out of ana's mouth.

"...especially scarlett. it seems like a colour so many love, but they don't know that it lies inside of them. all they have to do it pick up a blade, and not be afraid to dive."

--

ana raised her eyes to niall once she realised what had come out her mouth. he was sitting there, a grape in hand and his eyes glazed over. just as she was about to open her mouth to explain, he stopped her.

"i...i don't care to hear those kind of things leave your mouth," he hesitantly pushed the words out his mouth, not trusting himself comepltetly to create a coherent sentence. "i like happy ana. not this ana, who has self doubts and that says things like that."

infront of him, confusion flashed across ana's face, followed by anger?

'why would he say that? how could he say that?' she thought  

she slowly stood up from her position on the bed, then motioned to the room.

"have you noticed, where the hell you are?" her voice coming out harsher than she ever meant it, "you're in a fucking mental hospital, niall."

niall opened his mouth to speak, then closed it. he repeated those steps before ana spoke again, "you look like a damn fish. it's not attractive."

he opened his mouth again,this time actually letting words go. "why don't you stop cursing? that's what's unattractive here."

"i'm not trying to attract anyone," ana barked, "you on the other hand..."

"at the moment, i'm busy." he cut her off, standing up and crossing the small room, embracing her tightly "breaking down your walls, trying to see what's behind them. i know exactly where i am. if i didn't want to come back, i wouldn't be here two weeks later."

××

okay.

here's another chapter.

it didn't go half bad.

keep voting and commenting, it helps me out alot!

i love you.

-luna x