after

"And in other news, mental patient Ana Sams' body was found yesterday floating in the Tehran River early this morning. She had signed herself out of the hospital just hours before she took the tragic jump that ended her life..."

Niall sighed for what seemed like the fifteenth time that day.

He hadn't cried once since he found out. The hospital had called him and informed him that his buddy was deceased-that he no longer had to visit.

He hung up shortly after declining another buddy.

It seemed like the fact that she'd killed herself hadn't registered in his heart yet. She was so alive just yesterday when she was literally writhing underneath him just yesterday. She couldn't possibly be dead.

So he waited in the livingroom, ocassionally twisting his head from the television to the door.

It was 5 hours later that it settled in his heart.

He screamed first. He shreiked and bellowed and howled her name,begging her to come back to him.

Then he cried. He sobbed and wept and wailed. Then,when he was out of tears he heaved and wheezed, hiccups threatening to choke him unless he stopped.

'But I can't,' he thought 'She's gone.'

He then started throwing things, crying and screaming and heaving all at once.

"ANA!"

A half hour and a ruined livingroom later, Niall walked into his bedroom. He ran his fingers across his dresser, being stopped by the only paper on the desk.

He picked it up, shutting his eyes. He knew it was from her.

--

The dark skinned nurse fluffed the flowers again,wiping her red eyes as she went to stick the small note in them. She waved to the lady at the desk and exited the building.

After settling the flowers in the trunk of her car, she typed the address into her GPS,and she was off.

About an hour later, the nurse pulled into a parking space beside her destination. Sighing quietly,the nurse reached her hands down to smooth out her uniform before gathering the flowers and making her way to the apartment building infront of her.

She walked to the elevator,riding up to the fourth floor. Stepping out, she searched for the door she was looking for in silence. She finally reached it, glowering slightly at the sight of the golden letters that read '4F'.

The nurse hesitated for a second before knocking. After waiting a minute, she knocked again. She looked twice,before sighing loudly and trying the knob. To her surprise,it opened.

Chewing on her lip, she stepped in calling out the name of the person she believed inhabited the apartment. She walked around, spinning in a circle in the untidy living room and poking her head into the bathroom.

She finally turned the corner into the bedroom, a shrill shreik immediately leaving her mouth. She rushed over to the source of her fright, the flowers crashing to the floor,right next to a bottle of empty sleeping pills and a bloody knife being grasped by a pale hand.

--

Niall Horan sat in a room. Padded pillows covered the walls, and he sat on a wooden bed, a mahogany bedside table on his right.

He looked up as the door to his room opened, a dark skinned nurse slowly walking in with a felt black pouch that Niall knew well in her hands. His lifeless blue eyes began to plead with her before either of them opened their eyes.

"I have to do it Niall," she spoke, cutting him off before he could start "it's procedure, and it's my job."

"You're supposed to love me," he grumbled, crossing his arms "this doesn't feel like love."

The nurse chuckled at the boy's childish behavior before moving forward to trim his once-bleached brown hair. Around ten minutes left,and she bid the younger boy goodbye and left him with his thoughts.

"They started doing it after what happened to me,"

A girl with waist-long hair stood perched on the side of Niall's bed, her ginger hair wrapped around her neck in what Niall thought was a dangerous hairstyle.

"This was my room,also. Quite an uncomfortable bed, huh?"

Niall shuffled uncomfortably, staring at the girl on his bed.

"Oh,I'm sorry. I'm Hanna," she stuck a pale hand out,

"Nice to meet you."

THE END

------------

i cried writing this