fifth

three hours later.

Ana had finally packed all her stuff.

She had finally alerted the nurses of her departure from the hospital.

And now, she was finally signing herself out of the place she'd never grown to call home.

"This isn't the best decision," the nurse in front of Ana spoke, "It's not the best benefit for your health!"

Ana sighed again as she slid her signature across the page, finally finishing the forms.

"I'm 18," she spoke, finally looking up at the pale nurse before her, "I'll do whatever the hell my fucked up heart feels."

With that, she turned on her heel, walking out of the hospital the same way she'd walked in.

Dragging a army green duffle bag on the buffed linoleum floors, unsure of which way to go.

+++

Ana stood on the corner of Rodenson Street, the sun hitting her worse than she could remember feeling through the glass windows.

It's funny how being in a hospital can change you. It's like you become accustomed to what goes on in there, that you forget there's a world outside.

That you forget that there's more to the story.

Ana remembered where she lived. Or, where she used to live. Exactly seventeen footsteps into Melony Road, on the left side, the bright blue house with the blizzard white shudders.

She rocked back opened forth on her heel, praying that the currency was still the same. Praying that the bus still cost £2.25 to ride.

When the faded blue thing finally rolled up in front of her, Ana had to snap herself back into reality, her drooping eyelashes blurring her vision as she grabbed her duffle and made her way up the stairs of the bus.

"How much to ride?"

"£2.25." the bus driver told her, his thick Irish accent giving off a hint of confusion as she carefully counted the money out of her savings and slapped it into his hand.

"Have a nice day!" she chirped, making her way to the back of the bus

"Er,yeah." the man mumbled, tucking the fare into the black velvet case and starting up the bus.

"Have a nice day,"

A/N

Short for a couple reasons:

1. Technically you guys didn't meet the comment bar. But Ily so I updated anyway.

2. I kind of have an announcement but I didn't want to just announce it without like giving an update.

3. The announcement is actually kind of a question. Would anyone be willing to have a job as an editor? Please let me know, there are a lot of things in here that need italics and bold and because my laptop broke, I'm stuck doing this on my iPad.

4. Dedication always goes to the first comment. Congrats to @peaceful_serenity for this update and @xfactorniall for last update! :)

See you all soon.

UPDATE: Ana is literally at 861 reads! Can we please please PLEASE get it to 1,000?? I'm thinking of putting off updates until then, but that seems cruel. I love you guys :) x

For next chapter:

10 votes

5 comments

comment.VOTE.fan.