Burns and Dreams. Chapter Forty- One

Chapter 41. Burns and Dreams.

We sit on the cold, wood, bench as the cool wind blows. I push my face into my scarf and my  only good hand into my jacket pocket, shivering.

Zoey lays her head on Kyle's shoulder as he smiles down at her. I elbow him, somewhat hard.

"Ow!" He hisses in a high pitched tone. "Dude! That actually hurt!"

I eye him and then Zo. He looks at her and back at me. "Stop it."

Zoey stands up and smiles. "Well Jordyn, since your so cold I'm going to get us some hot chocolate. I'll be back in under a minute."

"Okay. Thank you, Zoey."

She smiles and walks over to the food truck and hands the guy the money.

I look at Kyle and elbow him again. "So are you going to tell her?" I ask.

"No."

I stand up and pull at the collar of his shirt. "Listen Kyle. She's my best friend. Like I said, you tell her or I will. So which will it be?"

"Jordyn! Your over reacting and making this subject bigger than it is. Nobody needs to tell Zoey because it was an ACCIDENT." He yells slightly, spitting on my face.

"Ew!"

He laughs, "Sorry... Please don't tell Zo."

"Don't tell me what?"

We turn around to Zoey holding two, hot cups of hot chocolate.

We were silent. I grab my hot chocolate out of her hand before she could pour it on Kyle. I lick at the whipped cream getting some on my nose and burning my tongue in the process.

"Don't tell me what?!?" She demands an answer.

I take a step back. "Kyle."

He looks at me with wide eyes. "Here, let me take that from you." He says grabbing the hot chocolate from her. She yanks her arm back, still holding the hot liquid.

"No, Kyle. Just tell me."

He rubs the back of his neck and takes a small step back. "Okay, well, will you not burn me?" He asks.

"That really depends on what your about to tell me." She says looking up at him and crossing her arms.

I laugh. And then their attention turned to me. My smile immediately vanishes and they both look back towards each other.

"Okay... I saw Jordyn naked." He blurts out as quickly as he could.

"You what?"

Starting to feel guilty and seeing the fear in Kyle's eyes, I step up. "Yeah but it was an accident, Zoey."

"Wait. What do you mean he saw you naked?"

"Well, I was..in the shower and forgot my towel."

Her eyes widen. "Okay?"

"And I walked out, not thinking."

She laughs. "Oh thank god! I thought you were going to say he purposely walks in on you."

Kyle and I awkwardly laugh. "Pff no. That would be so weird." I say.

I look over to the food truck and see Mason buying a chocolate donut and coffee. He turns around and walks towards us, smiling.

"Hey babe."

I smile and look up at him. "Hi."