The Teacher's Choice: One

All Rights Reserved. ©2014-2016 | EDITING SLOWLY |

It starts of slow, like most stories. But I promise you won't regret it, if you give it chance. I really hope you enjoy!

Vote, Comment, and Follow!

The Teacher's Choice: 1.

"Miss. I could check you out over here."

No answer.

"Excuse me. Miss."

I look up, "Yeah?"

"I could check you out over here."

"Oh, sorry" I apologize, walking up to the cashier.

" No worries." The lady chirps, scanning the five cans I placed next to her. She smiles at me, "That will be $7.50."

I smile back politely and take out the cash from my wallet and hand it to her.

"Thank you" She gives me the smallest smile."Here's your bag"

I grab the bag and thank her before I walk out the doors.

The cold air hits my neck, sending shivers down my body. I check the time on my phone and it reads 11:15p.m. Why did my mom make me come out so late? She always does this. It was dark and freezing. I walk towards the gas pumps, walking under the very dim lights, some lights not  even working, making a loud buzzing noise.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" A man leaning against his truck with a cigarette inquires, blowing smoke in my face, making me cough.

Oh great! Why me. And why now? I hate smoke. I take a few steps away from him and continue to walk.

"What's your name?" One of the other guys inquires. Stepping in front of me.

I look up at him, "Um..."

He smirks, " Um? Come on, spit it out!" He demands.

"I don't think I should be telling you." I inform him.

"Come on."

"Shane, leave her alone." A man says walking up to us.

" Mason. I thought you quit."

Quit what?

"I did."

"Then why are you here?"

"Just passing through." The man named Mason says. Once he reaches my field of vision I couldn't take my eyes away.

"Just let her pass."

"No can do."

The guy who was smoking blew the smoke in my face again, making me cough. The guy Mason threw a punch at the man with a cigarettes direction. With out a doubt it hit him straight in the face. And with that one punch he fell to the floor, his cigarette flew and hit my hand making me scream as it burned a bright, red mark through my skin.One of the men threw a punch at Mason but he blocked it. As the two men jump on him, I throw my bag of cans in their direction.Luckily it hit one of the men in the head, hard enough for them to fall to the ground, I grab my pepper spray out of my pocket and spray them in the eyes, they all scream in pain and fall to paved ground, I kick one of the guys as hard as I could in the no no spot. Before I knew it I grabbed the man's hand and started running towards my house. Every few seconds I looked behind me to see if the men were chasing us.

Only a few minutes later, but what felt like forever, we were at my house. I pull the keys out of my pocket and struggle to find the right one or even put it in the lock. Once I finally got it open I practically pushed him inside my house.

I then quickly lock the doors behind me. I was fully out of breath and placed my head on the door.

That's until I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Are you alright?" The man asks.

I turn around, "Yeah..I'm fine... But are you okay?" I ask the stranger in front of me, with a small smile.

He smiles at me. The man before me had to be the best looking man I have ever seen. With his amazingly structured body, mesmerizing green eyes. His eyes are the most gorgeous color, framed by the thickest dark lashes and full of depth and expression, his lips... Are the lips that us gals will probably fall over heels looking at them! And his smile is perfect and his teeth, clean and straight. His eyebrows shape his face in an unbelievable fantastic way! His nose is in a too perfect slant. And his facial hair and freckles is like icing on a cake.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

I turn back around and walk over to the window, I open the blinds with my fingers and peak, to see if any of the men were out there.

Luckily they weren't.

I walk back up to him, I push my hair behind my ear, "I'm so sorry...I-"

He places his hand on my shoulder and smiles. "It's quite alright. I should go."

I smile, "Okay..uh..bye."

"See ya around." He says as he walks out the door, leaving me in silence.

~*~

Is it any good so far?

Thank you for taking time out of your day to read my story. It means the world to me!!❤️