.VII.[EDITED]

I stared blankly at the plate of food in front of me, not feeling hungry in the least. Sure, it looked appetizing, but it was a complete waste giving it to me at that moment. Tyler sat next to me, waiting for me with lit eyes to dig in, but I couldn't. I only wanted one thing at this moment and this wasn't it.

"I'm not hungry," I mumbled; pushing the plate towards Tyler who frowned immediately, hurt cascading his eyes.

The emotion left just as quickly as it came, as he said nothing, taking the plate and setting it on the table next to me by the bed I was on. I stared out the window wondering when I would be able to leave. Tyler said he'd take me home today and I wanted to leave soon. I tugged at the plain white sheet, uninterested in doing anything else.

"You'll go home as soon as the beta comes," Tyler spoke, busying himself with cleaning the already spotless room.

"Beta?" I questioned, curiously turning my glance back to Tyler. This was the second word that sounded weird to me, first 'wolf' and now 'beta'. What did this mean? Tyler was either ignoring me or didn't hear because he didn't answer me. He took my arm with the ugly plaster and began looking at my cast, mumbling that it was healing nicely. Tyler moved away just as Landon came strolling through the door. My eyes moved away from him, casting their way to the floor. It was bad enough Nate was here but now so was Landon. At least it was Landon and not someone worse.

"Look up," he commanded and I followed it instantly. "Lay on your stomach." I did as he said with no problems, wondering what was this for. Tyler who looked puzzled stared at the both of us so I knew he had no clue what he was doing. He was just as lost as I was. Tyler didn't get to find out because Landon commanded him to leave and to close the door behind him. As soon as he did, Landon wasted no time in pulling my pants down as I gripped my pillow, shutting my eyes tight. "Poke your butt up."

I got up on my knees, pushing my butt up so he could have a better view. Cold air met my bottom before hands rested on it, pulling the cheeks apart. A lone tear slipped out my eye, hoping he wasn't going to do what I thought he was. I was just recovering and had woken up from a coma not more than a day ago. I quickly wiped the tear away before he could see. Landon pulled my butt cheeks apart wider as I stayed silent. He released it quickly, pulling up my pants as I curled into a ball further away from him on the bed. "It's still swollen, but you're healing fine."

I opened my eyes, looking at him and nodding slowly. I watched his eyes drift to the untouched plate on the table and back towards me. He picked it up, placing it right next to me, the smell assaulting my nose again. "You need to eat something."

Sitting up, I slowly reaching for the piece of bacon on my plate, nibbling gently on it before going for another. With a satisfied look, he left. But not before telling me we'll leave as soon as I finished eating. Tyler came back in the room soon after with clothes in his arms.

***

I crawled into my bed, immediately curling into a ball. It felt nice to be back in my own bed and away from them. Just as Tyler promised, I was dropped home. Even better, it was by Tyler himself. It calmed my nerves a bit that they didn't send me with Nate or even Gregory who also lived there and was the first to volunteer.

Just like Graham's house, there were plenty of rooms and Tyler said a lot of people lived there, but he didn't give me a specific amount. I'm guessing just as much as Graham's judging by how many people I saw. It was kind of weird seeing everyone together in one permanent living space. It reminded me of a hotel of some sort. But then again, this couldn't be a hotel; it would seem a bit weird if it was.

I glanced at my bedroom door, embracing the silence in the house with my mother at work. My eyes drifted to my arm in white plaster. I didn't know how I would explain my accident to her. I didn't know how I could,when  I couldn't talk to her anyway. I sighed, curling more into my sheets, wishing I wouldn't have to go to school tomorrow. Too many questions people would ask. And Graham, he would freak out.

I jumped out of my thoughts by a light tapping on my window. But I ignored it, as it would probably be the tree near my house doing so because of the wind. It was windy out when I was outside. At least tomorrow would be Friday and didn't have to deal with school again until Monday. The tapping began again and I popped my head up from the bed, curiously glancing towards my window. It surely should be the wind, but something told me otherwise.

I stumbled out of bed before hobbling towards the window. The sight before me made my jaw drop wide open. Graham smirked from the branch he was sitting on. Getting back my composure, I struggled to get the window open with one hand, letting the crispy April air into my room. I stepped back as Graham jumped into my room in a perfect move. I shivered at the air kissing my arm as he quickly closed the window. Too stunned to speak, I just stared.

"Cat got your tongue?," he joked, pushing his hair back with his hand. I shook my head, watching his face drift over to me before turning completely sour. His mood instantly darkened, his eyes drawing cold. I flinched at the look, automatically taking a step back, eyes wide. It wasn't a look I wanted to remember. It was the same look Nate gave me, right before he attacked me, the same cold, dark, predatory eyes.

I took another hobble back, my eyes drifting towards my door and back at him. I wouldn't make it, even if I didn't have a cast on my arm and a pain in my back. I drew my good arm around me as a growl ripped out his mouth, resembling Nate's but a lot more powerful. Tremors took over my body, my knees shaking uncontrollably, and panic racing through my veins.

Nate snarled as he entered me again. Vacantly, I stared ahead of me, not even feeling it as much this time around. Was this the fifth round or tue eighth. I couldn't tell. Everything felt like pain and I couldn't differentiate between the pain. I felt myself being dragged roughly up from off the floor before being slammed into the lockers, forced to be on my two legs. They gave out instantly below me with no will to keep me up, but Nate wouldn't let me go. I lost conscious again.

"I-I'm sorry," I whimpered out in fear, my legs giving out from below me. Tears welled up in my eyes, hoping Nate would show me mercy. I turned my head away from Nate, shutting my eyes tight. I didn't want that again. "P-please don't h-hurt m-me."

I screeched loudly as arms grabbed and wrapped around me, sending me into full panic mode. I violently thrashed around, trying to fight out of the arms that constricted me. My arms, legs, feet; anything that I could move I flailed around to get free. It didn't matter that my body painfully protested against me, my muscles tightening sharply at every move. I screamed to be let go but arms crushed me tighter, covering my mouth. My eyes flew open, the beating of my heart racing high. My mind screamed 'danger'.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," a voice cooed into my ears, trying to calm me down. I recognized Graham holding me and not Nate, instantly calming down from my high. The memory faded out and I was brought back into the present. Graham released his grip a bit, petting my hair down, placing gentle kisses on my forehead. He removed his hand from my mouth as I gripped his shirt tight, sobbing silently into his chest. "I was just a little shocked by your arm in the cast. I didn't mean to scare you."

Graham just sat on the floor with his arms pulling me closer to him as I continued sobbing until I felt content. I sniffled, rubbing my eyes, his erratic heartbeat soothing me. The soothing feeling washed over my body, making me feel safer in his arms. I finally stopped crying, peering at Graham who gave me a small smile. I snuggled more into his chest as he gripped me a little tighter to him.

"It was an accident." I mumbled, poking at my arm in the ugly plaster cast.

"An accident?" he questioned, and I knew he didn't believe me. His face was stiff, peering at me and looking deep into my eyes as if trying to find something. I had to make it more believable.

"I've been at my cousin's house for the past week," I began my lie. "It was his birthday and he really wanted me to come to California. We were playing and I accidently fell into a ditch." I really did have a cousin in Cali so if he questioned me about it, I knew how to answer. But I hoped it wouldn't come to that and he trusted me.

I looked up at him and I could tell he wanted to say something but he never did. "Guess I kind of overreacted," he dryly joked, placing another kiss on my forehead. "You had me scared senseless when you went missing. You could've told me."

"Sorry," I mumbled, nuzzling more into his chest. "I'll remember next time."

"You better," he mumbled into my hair.
--
Edited by: RT_Cipher