.XII. [EDITED]

My eyes gradually fluttered open as I moaned into my pillow, rubbing my head against the soft fabric. Rolling to my left, my hand reached out, caressing the empty space on the bed. The sheet was cold to the touch so I knew Graham got up a long time ago. I shot up, darting my head to look around Graham's empty room, with him nowhere in sight. As much as it disappointed me, I was glad he wasn't here. I wouldn't know what to tell him after what I revealed yesterday. Especially since he would want more answers that I wasn't willing to give away.

I sighed, rubbing my well-rested eyes, before turning and sitting on the edge of the bed. My feet scraped against the carpeted floor, it tickling the bottom of my feet. Getting up, I stretched upwards, groaning. My shirt rose a bit above my belly button.

"Wow, that's a lot of bruises."

Flinching at the sudden intrusion, I instantly dropped my arms, the bit of skin automatically being covered. My eyes darted to the source of the noise. In the doorway stood a girl who looked just a few years younger than me with long raven black hair and a few inches shorter than me. But the most peculiar thing about her that caught my attention was her pair of eyes, an odd shade of blue but glassy looking.  Realizing I was staring too long, I quickly looked away and found something else to stare at.

The girl smiled, taking a step into the room. She didn't seem threatening so I didn't move. I watched as she slowly moved forward into the room a bit oddly. At one point she stumbled but quickly caught herself. Something struck in my brain, my eyes widening in realization. "Y-You're blind," I whispered in awe.

The girl paused, tilted her head a bit as a small smile slowly appeared on her face. "What gave it away," she joked. "The awkward walking or my unusual eyes people remind me of." I chuckled at her humor, rubbing the back of my neck. "If it's not any trouble and you're finished watching me make a fool of myself, could you please help me sit."

"Sure," I chirped, gently grabbing her hands that were surprisingly a lot rougher than I thought they would be. Guiding her to the bed, she stuck her free hand out, poking the bed with her index finger before sitting down. Though it was odd, I didn't question her.

"Thanks," she sighed in relief. "Thought I would be a bumbling buffoon for a while." The girl still smiled as she looked up to the ceiling.

Silence filled the air, as I squirmed uncomfortably where I awkwardly stood next to her. My hands began to play with the end of my shirt as a thought hit me. "Wait," I blurted out, my head snapping in the girl's direction. My head lowered a slight bit, my eyes narrowing as a shook my head. "H-how do you know about my bruises if you're blind?"

The girl head turned to my direction, her smile growing wider before laughing. "I was wondering when you were going to ask about that." She paused, tapping her temple. "For a second I thought you were a few screws short in the ol' noggin." I frowned, crossing my arms across my chest as she took in some air, releasing it gradually. "I'm taking a gamble and say you know about the special power thingy?"

"Yeah. Caleb...somewhat explained. All I know that some wolves have powers and I'm guessing it changes the color of their wolf's eyes." I shrugged. I somewhat got the gist of the idea since it wasn't hard to figure out. Though I still didn't fully understand.

"Well for starters," she began, taking a deep breath. "I'm Blue-Ivy. Pretty sure by now you're wondering my name since I and everyone else already know yours."

"Blue-Ivy?" I questioned, a little baffled by her name. "Like Beyoncé's child?" Blue-Ivy instantly frowned and I knew I hit a sore spot. I quickly tried to apologize but she waved me off before I even got a chance to.

"Might as well get used to it," she sighed, running her hand through her silky black hair before abruptly changing the subject. "Anyway, Caleb only explained the basic when there's actually more to that. Only a very few percentage of wolves get powers. It's even rare to even have one in a pack which is considered a blessing from the Goddess."