.XIII.[EDITED]

The ride home was quiet, mostly because of my doing. Any attempt Graham made to talk to me, I avoided with short responses and courteous nods until he realized I didn't want to to talk. It's not that I didn't want to but the fact I was hiding the truth from him when he deserved to know, especially since he was my mate. Until I was ready, I had to be cautious or it would be a repeat of me breaking down and succumbing to him like yesterday.

My blue eyes roamed out the tinted window, looking at the colorful blurs of passing stores and people laughing, so happy and yet unaware of the danger lurking. So carefree. What I would give to be like that again.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Graham asked gallantly for the hundredth time as I tore my eyes from the view of the window, my new interest being the gray dashboard in front of me as I fiddled capriciously with my fingers. I nodded and he sighed, a recurring pattern we had for the past fifteen minutes. Again, he decided against pressing on, probably for my benefit, his eyes glued to the empty road, unusual for this time in the morning. The silence became the middleman between us once more as we drove closer towards my house, the sound of sirens filling my ears. "What the hell?" Graham muttered, interrupting the laconism.

Puzzled, my attention was drawn to the main window. My eyes widened,  my mouth partially dropping open as I focused on a fraction of the police force stationed in front my house. A yellow crime scene tape stood out the most, surrounding the house as police came out the house with who I believed to be CSI. Images of my mother flooded my mind along with Landon and his friends. Before I knew it, I was already out the car, making my way towards the house. The sound of sirens and other noises were lost to my hearing, only to be replaced by the loud drumming of my heart. Each strum of my heartbeat growing louder and more profound in my ears. An unsettling feeling developed in the pit of my stomach, the churning growing more wilder and acidic.

I stayed silent, huddled in the corner as they all looked amongst themselves but no words leaving past their lips. The pain throbbed in my lower back and stomach, my muscles aching to be relieved. I gritted my mouth shut, shuddering in disgust as I felt the grimy liquid traced downward as it slowly making its way down my thighs, the smell of blood and sex in the stifling air.

The lights in the room were terrible as I recognized four of the five people, but the fifth was hidden in the darkness the room gave him. The locker room was cold as I felt the draft seeping in through little crack leading to the outside, nipping at my nude skin and cooling the sting on my cheek. The bitter cold tiles I laid on gnawed and ate at my raw skin. My shirt was in reach but I didn't dare reach for it, remembering the punch I received when I attempted earlier. Instead, I glared into the darkness where I knew the fifth person was hiding. I knew he was the leader since they took orders from him.

Landon took a step towards me, making me flinch at the sudden action. I stiffened as he grew closer, pressing myself more against the icy cold wall, bearing with it. He stopped right in front of me as I gripped myself tighter, my nails digging into my skin, restraining myself from lashing out at or having any skin contact with him. I knew he could hurt me, him and his friends proved that already. Landon stooped in front of me, taking one glance behind him before looking back at me. "From today onwards, you belong to us."

My eyes widen in shock before narrowing in anger. Were they serious? My eyes flickered to the solemn faces I could see. They definitely were; but I didn't care. They weren't getting away with this.

"What makes you think I won't tell?" I sharply replied in a hoarse voice, my throat abused from yelling and screaming for help that never came. But before he could answer, a round of violent coughs spurred out my dry throat, feeling abrasive like grinding rocks together. My hand grabbed my throat wincing at the pain. A hand roughly grabbed my arm, its fingers wrapping around tightly and the same manner to my face, making me look into Landon's serious eyes.