Chapter 8

"Did he just say fiancé.YOU HAVE A FIANCE!" I screamed in Alex's face when he removed his hand from my mouth.

He's been flirting with me and all along he's had a fiancé names  Natasha. How come no one decided to mention this important detail?

"Why don't you wear your engagement ring?" I asked looking at his bare hands.

Alex ran a hand through his hair."I didn't think you would find out," Alex mumbled ignoring my question.

"YOU HAVE A FIANCÉ AND YOU'VE BEEN FLIRTING WITH ME! WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM AND I WAS STARTING TO LIKE LIKE YOU!" I whispered yelled so we wouldn't attract more attention. I felt like slapping him across the face and punching him I also felt like slapping my self, I just admitted that I liked him. I started cracking my knuckles waiting for his response.

"I'm sorry that I've been flirting with you it's just I didn't think, plus we could never have anything between us! I'm older and I'm your dads best-friend which he would never approve but I don't."

"Age is just a number." I mumbled remembering what my mother told me. I chuckled at my self remembering our conversation.

"That's not what other people are going think." Alex whispered softly oblivious to my chuckling.

"Were you ever going to tell me you had a fiancé?" I asked my voice was shaking.

I felt like crying I thought I was starting to like Alex more that a stranger, but I guess that has to end.

"N- yeah of course, I mean at some point you would've found out," he said scratching the back of his head.

"So if me and you were by any chance going have anything between us you would've never told me? You technically would've been cheating on the both of us?" I growled leaning forward to look at his eyes which were at the moment dark green and black swirls on the outside.

Alex grabbed my hand but I yanked it away.

"I would've told you Ally I- never mind. We don't have to be dating we could be friends with benefits." He said sipping his wine.

My eyes popped open," Friends with benefits what the heck is that? What benefits could we possibly give each other?"

"You know like kisses and stuff," he said looking down at his hands.

"Are you serious?" I asked scowling at him. "You know what? I'm not hungry anymore." I said getting up,"Goodbye." I turned around and walked towards the elevators leaving Alex to look like a loner eating dinner by himself. I chuckled at the thought. I waited patiently for the elevator to come down I wiped a tear that escaped my eyes. Stay in stupid tears!

*Ding*

The elevator door opened reveling a blond hair women in her mid 20s snogging a mid 20 men.

This was awkward. I was just standing there and they were kissing their heads off. I coughed loudly to get their attention. They quickly broke apart from each other. They looked really embarrassed.

"I-Im sorry." Stuttered the lady quickly running out of the elevator. She was follows by whom I assumed was her husband.

I step on the elevator avoiding touching he wall where they were making out. I clicked the number 1 button and waited patiently. I waved at the camera that was on the corner. I liked waving at cameras. I wonder if Alex has noticed my absence.

The elevator doors opened I walked over to the diner.

"A table for one." I told the person at the door.