Chapter 7

So that's her April, Sharon thought. She grew up to be so pretty. Her hair were exactly like Sharon's the dark blonde locks. She had all her father traits like his blue eyes, his pointed nose but her thin full lips. Sharon eyes welled up with tears. She couldn't look her in her eyes now. She was her culprit.

Chris saw April standing with some shells in her hand and a woman standing with her, where the hell was Lily?

He reached April and peeked a look at the woman standing in front of her, Sharon. She was wearing a two piece bikini under a beautiful knitted sarong,She looked amazing. She had a  thin necklace around her neck and her hair was tied up in a messy bun. His eyes softened when he saw Sharon taking deep breath's and quickly wipe her tears.

"I'm sorry... I didnt know." Sharon mumbled.

"Sharon Wait.... " Chris called. But Sharon ran away not even spearing back a glance.

"Dad you know that woman?" April asked confused.

"And I would appreciate if she never knew I am her mother." Sharon's words rang in his head. He sighed heavily before answering.

"Yes, she was my very good friend."
Chris said still looking at the direction Sharon ran away.

"Then why did she go away?" She asked.

"She doesn't like me anymore, she isn't my friend anymore." He said with a small sad smile. He wanted so badly to tell April that is your mother about whom you keep asking.

"No one can not like you daddy" April said kissing his cheek.

Chris smiled at her innocence, if only she knew.

Lily was busy talking on her phone when she thought she saw someone like Sharon and she had to double check to make sure. It was indeed Sharon. Shit. Sharon was coming from the same direction where April was picking shells. Lily immediately ran towards April. Double Shit. Chris was there with April.

"Where have you been?" He asked as soon he caught sight of Lily.

"I was  just a few feet away talking to Martha." Lily said in a low voice.

"Haven't we discussed this before?" Chris snapped rudely. He was not happy with  Lily leaving April alone.

"I was just..." she started but shut her mouth when he glared at her.

"Daddy are they enough?" April asked showing the shells she had collected saving Lily's ass.

April was sharp...very sharp for a kid of her age, she knew Chris was pissed with  Lily and she didn't want to be the reason why he is angry with her.

"Yes beanie they are enough." Chris said taking the shells from her hands and gave Lily a look.

***

Sharon felt empty. She was swimming aimlessly in the sea to hide her tears.  She had this strong pull in heart in pain. Her baby grew so well. It just felt like yesterday when she took April in her hands for the very first time. Our little bundle of Joy Chris said. It felt like yesterday she started nursing April. Like yesterday when she started crawling.... when she first tried to call her mommy. Sharon knew going down the memory lane would do her no good. She would probably been more guilty and broken if that is even possible.

"I think you should get out of water now" Joe's sudden voice startled her.

"Maybe" she just shrugged and let Joe pull her along with him on the water. He handed her one dry towel and he dried his hair.

Sharon took  the towel and wrapped around her. She looked around to see Chase and savvy completing their castle.

Joe pulled her down making her sit beside him. Sharon raised an eyebrow at him but didn't say anything.