Chapter 23

"And you thought it would be okay to let him go?" Mira  asked Savvy, who sat surprisingly calm.

Savvy gave her a bitter smile and said, "He didn't give me a choice."

"I hate him so much! He is such a stupid." Mira vented her anger.

"Thankyou for not saying anything to Sharon"

"I was on the verge.. but thankgod Sharon dragged you out that apartment."

"You are moving back, right?"

Savvy nodded her head in reply.

Savannah sighed deeply, noticing how tired savvy looked even when thinking about him.. Mira immediately changed the subject. "Where is Sharon?"

"Sharon went to her husband's place... she must be back in a hour or so." Savvy answered.

"Ex husband," Mira corrected her.

Savvy shrugged in reply. "Do you know why the got a divorce in the first place?" Mira asked savvy.

Savvy knew parts of Sharon's life before the divorce. But she wasn't going to talk about her personal life with anyone not even with her best friend.

"You know once... Sharon told me that her husband fell out of love...that is why they had a divorce" Mira said and continued "But you know when I saw him, I felt that he was totally in love with her. The way he looks at her says everything."

"When did you see them together? "

"The other day I saw them  near town's square.. may be they are coming to your place."  Mira said.

The ring of the door bell indicated the entry of a customer and Mira squeezed savannah's hand and went to attend the customer.

Savannah wondered what Sharon's plan was and prayed that what ever she is doing,  do her good not only for her relationship sake but also for her Children.

***

Sharon stood along with Lily watching bunch of kids playing.

"What now?" Lily asked breaking the silence.

Sharon was quite for so long, Lily turned to leave when Sharon spoke.

"Remember when we were 7 and I was learning how to ride a bicycle? "

Lily frowned at her but she did remember what happened. "You rode straight Mr.Bart's lawn. He was so mad at you."

Sharon smiled at that memory, "I was so scared that I ran away..."

"And he didn't understand  who did it.. but you left your cycle."

Sharon laughed aloud at that memory. Lily didn't laugh but had a small smile on her face.

"We were so happy. We had each other..." it felt very difficult to say that "What happened to us? Why.... why did you backstab me?" Lily face was grim but she didn't say anything yet.

"I wondered so many times....  what you both did  to me, why? I could never reason your deed." She asked.

"You were my best friend.. we grew up together... if anyone would have told me I would have laughed on her face, but when I saw you both that morning I was devastated by what you both did to me. Why did you do sleep with my husband Lily?  Why did you have to shatter my married life?" Sharon fired. It was about time she knew why Lily did what she did.

Silent tears were flowing down Sharon's face as silence etched between them.

"I hated you.." Lily started. Sharon couldn't understand her hatred. "Why?"  She chocked.