Chapter 12

Chris was in a deep thought when his phone rung bringing him out of his trance.

"Hello"

"Mr. Vanderwood. Laura speaking."

"Yes... Laura."he said rubbing his palm against his eyes.

"I have good news for you. We have won the court case against Galvs & co."

"That's very good news." He said smiling genuinely.

"Yes.. Our shares sky rocketed yesterday and now the project is worth ten times more than it was ." Laura said excitedly.

"well... could you please ask Mr.Gerran to send me the detailed report of the project and call as soon as possible, I'm so not going to waste my time now. we need to get to work on this as soon as possible."

" But Mr. Vanderwood we have a problem. you need to fly back to New York to sign the contract." she said.

Chris eyes immediately went to the house infront of his. He was sitting on the front porch waiting for Sharon to come so that he could talk with her. "Laura, Is there any chance you could fax me those papers and I could sign and scan them back to you."

" I'm afraid there is no such way Mr. vanderwood you are required to sign it here infront of them."

Chris sighed heavily. "Okay, I'll get back to you in a hour or so." he said.

" Sure, Mr. Vanderwood. Have a nice day"

Chris brushed his hair with his fingers as he hung up the phone.

" Chris.." lily called him as she came and sat beside him. Her eyes looked a bit swollen, her hair in a bun.

" hmm.. "

"Laura messaged. Congratulations."

"Thankyou"

"And I'm sorry for yesterday...I was..."she started to say bbut Chris cut her off.

"I'm not. I meant what I said yesterday. I will bring Sharon back into Aprils life. I will do anything." He said determination set in his eyes.

Lily took a sharp breath. She knew this was coming. She have to do something and that to fast.

"Very well... then I think I will pack. I... " she said swallowing a lump."Need to go home."

Chris didn't say anything. He already felt like a douche. But he has to do this for his broken family.... for his lost love.

***

"You are such an idiot" Sharon exclaimed.

"I am." Chris chuckled as he tried to steal another chicken nugget from her plate.

"Chris!! Stop stealing my food."

"I'm not stealing,love. It's called sharing."

"No.." she said raising her plate up out of his reach.

It was usual Friday afternoon. And as per their every Friday plan since they started dating two months ago was to kick Chris's roommate out. Get comfy on his bed and watch movies on Netflix.

"Okay.. I will not steal any. I promise."
He said giving her his best innocent look.

Sharon narrowed her eyes at him before pressing her lips to his. "Good" she said against his lips.

"What do you wanna watch?" She asked popping the last nugget inside her mouth.

"Anything is fine by me as long as you cuddle by my side" he said with a smirk on his lips.