Chapter 18

"I...I... don't know" her little voice said confused.

"Come here Beanie" he said extending his hand for her to take.  April took it and sat on his lap.

"Well.... I'll introduce her... you would get to meet her, spend time with her, get to know her, tell her about yourself ." He said.

Sharon nervously played with her fingers while listening to their conversation.

"Okay" April said in a small voice.

Both Sharon and Chris snapped their heads at her reply.

"April remember I once said I did something bad which made Sharon angry at me?" He asked.

April looked a bit taken aback but nodded.

"She was..." he started but didn't understand how to tell her.

"Are you my mother..?" April asked Sharon before Chris could continue.

Sharon gulped before nodding her head in a Yes.

"Oh... I see" April said looking at Sharon and Chris.

"Beanie..."

"Let me.." Sharon said in a small voice.

"Hmm" he said, "I'll go check on Chase"

"I love you, beanie",he said kissing her forehead before ruffling her hair.

"You too" she mumbled into his shoulder.

Chris gave Sharon a tight smile which she tried to return.

"Do you wanna sit?" Sharon asked April patting the place next to her. April hesitated but  took place next to her mother.

"Do you want me tell you a story?" She asked.

April nodded her head.

"Once upon a time there lived a princess... She was loved by both her parents. She was a very happy and good girl. But one day something happened.... and her mother had to leave... she tried to take little princess away... but princess got hurt in doing so . Her Mother was quite clueless and scared for the little girl. So.. she had to leave her little princess behind with her father where she was safe, protected... I wasn't easy for her mother but she did it." Sharon's voice was heavy with emotion.

"Am I the princess in the story?" April asked.

Sharon nodded her head as she carefully watched April.

April chewed her lips but didn't look at Sharon. Sharon took her little hand into her's giving it a small squeeze. "I'm sorry for leaving you.... I'm really very very Sorry." She said her eyes tearing immediately.

'She left you. She didn't want you' her granny's voice rang in her head.

"You  didn't want me?" April asked her voice barely heard. 

"No...No... that was not the case... Never...I..
I had too...  I'm sorry." She said very quickly. Tears rolling down her cheeks. "I love you April"

April didn't say anything but just nodded her head.

"Can you give me one Chance at being your mother?"

"I liked you a lot.... when ever I saw you and Chase...... I wished I had a mother like you. Now see you are my mom." April said giving a bitter laugh.

"April.....I..."

"Okay... I will give you a chance..." she said giving Sharon a small smile.

"Really ?" Sharon asked to confirm whether if she heard her  right?