Chapter 17

Sharon couldn't stop laughing seeing Chris trying to change April's first nappy.

"Hey I learned how to do this" he said trying again "Stay still  baby, stay still Daddy got this" he said in a sing a song voice.

Sharon burst out into fits of giggles as she secretly recorded this.

"Stop laughing at us Mommy." He said once he managed to cleanly change her diaper.

"Let me feed her and put her to sleep." Sharon said extending her Arms. She was still in the hospital and they are going to discharge her tomorrow.

Chris have April to Sharon but stood right beside her bed. "I love you" he said placing a sloppy kids in her forehead.

Sharon raised her head  to meet his eyes "I love you too" she smiled at him.

***

It was a distant memory. Still filled Chris with warmth. He carried April from the couch to guest bedroom.

"Daddy.." April  asked opening her eyes a little.

"Yes Beanie..." he said brushing few stray hairs of her face.

"You came?" She asked.

Chris chuckled before answering " I came Beanie... I kept my promise."

"Hmm" she said snuggling closer to him.

"Sleep Baby." He said kissing her forehead and changed into some grey shorts and a white t-shirt. His stomach rumbled indicating how he was hungry. He should have asked Sharon to feed him with something. He made his way to kitchen in search of something to eat.

He tripped thrice in search of kitchen.

"What are you doing here?" A voice asked and Chris startled.

He turned around to see Sharon sitting on a inclined Chair. The small light from the table lamp illuminated her facial features. Her hair was tied in a plait. And she was wearing a loose t-shirt and some comfy pyjamas.

"Done checking me out?" She asked glaring at him.

He turned his head in a side glance and rubbed back of his neck.

Sharon knew that gesture he does that everytime he get caught about the things he didn't want be caught.

"What do you want?" She asked.

"Do you have something to eat?" He asked.

"You didn't eat anything?"

He shrugged his shoulders in response.

"When did  you last eat?" She asked narrowing her eyes.

"Breakfast?? !"

Sharon placed  her laptop aside and made her way into kitchen.

"Sit down, I'll make something." She said gesturing him to occupy one of the chair near the kitchen table.

Chris sat there looking at her as she was moving around collecting ingredients . "Do you want any help?" He asked.