Chapter 26

Sometimes we fight through regrets and remorse of our mistakes, our malice and our jealousy and the shame we feel for not being the person you are meant to be. And that's when you find your way to something better or something better finds it way to you.

-One Tree Hill.

"Mommy, I will come hangout with you in the shop" April said as she pushed her plate away.

"Sure Beanie," she said taking April's plate, "Chase...Chase... stop coloring yourself," Sharon shouted when she saw her son drawing lines on his hands and legs.

"Mommy look" he said giving her his toothy smile.

"Aish.." she said running after him so that she could give him a bath. "Momo catch him."

Momo tried but Chase out smarted her Crawling in between her legs.

Chase laughed as April, Momo, Sharon ran behind him. "Baby, stop."

"No mommy catch me," he said giggling.

Suddenly Chris entered the room after taking his call. "Chris catch him" Sharon shrieked. Chase didn't see Chris coming therefore ran into him. Chris clasped his hands around Chase.

"Finally" Sharon said taking giggling Chase from Chris's arm, "Mommy Got you"she said nuzzling her nose against his.

"What happened Daddy?" she heard April ask. Chris's face was pale and stiff. Chris shook his head with a small smile.

"April would you please help Chase to the washroom, I'll just come."Sharon said to her daughter. April gave her father one narrowed look before taking her brother hand and walking away.

"What happened?" Sharon asked taking his hand and interlacing her fingers with his.

"I have to go back," he said in a grave tone.

Sharon looked into his eyes," as in?" she asked her breath caught.

" As in It's time for me to really go back" he said pulling her into a hug "My vacation time is over."

"We got back Two days ago," Sharon said laughing out humorlessly.

"I know" he said pulling away. "You know What I want."

"I thought I had time," she said.

"You always have time, Think about it." he said squeezing her hand, "Now let me go and have some quality time with my son. I have a flight tomorrow early morning. "

Sharon looked at their tangled fingers together. "I'll go get ready." she said releasing his hand. Chris pulled her back, Sharon came crashing into his chest. "I love you" he said placing a small kiss on her forehead. Sharon gave him a bright smile.

***

"So that's how it is done?" Chris asked Chase when his son showed him how to create a perfect beard with the bubbles.

"Cool" he said making a bubble beard for himself too.

Chase laughed at his father. Sharon could hear them from the room She is in. Chase has been so happy since he started to hang out with Chris.

Sharon let out a loud sigh.

"Anything bothering you Sharon?" Momo asked keeping the book aside.

"He has to go." She said not looking at Momo.

"So?"

"I don't want to stay away from him now that we finally got back." She said with another sigh.