Chapter 15

Chapter 15

"I want Daddy", April said as soon as Sharon came inside. Sharon looked at her and a smile immediately broke on her face.

She remembered those days when she used to wake up in middle of nights crying and Chris being awake along with her, helping Sharon. Sometimes even singing lullaby for both of them.

Sharon bent to her height and said,
"Daddy will be home tomorrow, but don't you want to spend with me or Chase." Sharon asked.

April stood there but didn't reply anything. So Sharon added "We could bake a cake together and play all day long tomorrow."

"We will bake a cake?" April asked her eyes sparkling with excitement.

"We would." Sharon said smiling.

"Can we do a Chocolate one?" April asked jumping.

"We could" Sharon replied and Chuckled for her excitement.

"Yayyy. I love chocolate cake. Daddy always brings one for me. I love how it is so sweet, soft and chocolatey. " April rambled excitedly "Can we add Marshmallows in it? "

"Oh yes... we could add whatever you want."Sharon silently giggled thinking how easy it was for her to divert the girl from asking for Chris.

"Where is Chase?" April asked looking around.

"He is upstairs keeping his toys away, would like to go call Chase so that we could start preparing the cake?" Sharon asked gently.

"Yes. Mrs....." April started but quickly corrected herself "Sharon. Yes, Sharon."

Sharon smiled as her little girl ran upstairs to call her brother.

"You look happy" Momo commented from the Chair she was sitting on and reading a book.

"I am" Sharon shrugged.

"Do you really want to do this?" Momo asked. 'This' here reffers to having her baby girl back in her life.

"I want to." Sharon replied after few seconds.

"Yesterday You didn't want her to know your Name and today you are ready to enter her life?" Momo asked giving her a look.

Sharon sighed before answering "Chris somehow got to know about Caleb. I took him to Caleb. Looking him broken, Sad for not knowing his baby wenched my heart. I can't handle if something like that would ever happen to me. That is why, I want to get to know April, be a part of her life. I am already four years late.... I don't want to waste any more days."

"So... How is this going to work?" She asked.

Sharon sighed heavily "Don't know , Momo. That is why I am not telling her the truth. Once Chris comes from Newyork. We will come up with something and then tell April and Chase together."

"Well good for you" Momo said going back to her book.

"Mommy, Are we making a cake?" Chase asked as soon as he ran into the room with April trailing behind him.

"We are baby" Sharon replied going through the cupboards and taking out everything that is needed.

"So how do we start?" April asked excitedly.

Sharon smiled , "first we wash our hands properly." She said.

"Done"

"Done" her children exclaimed.

She helped both of them sit on the large kitchen counter in the middle of the kitchen.

"Now who want to add the flour?" She asked.