Chapter 9: Concert

Harry:     Anna's fingers were intertwined with mine. She pressed her lips to mine. Our two weeks we'd had had flown by. Now Anna had to fly back to New York. I wished she wouldn't leave. But her agent had called her in for another two weeks of photoshoots and fashion shows. Just as I always did, I offered to go to her fashion show and watch her. "No," Anna said, putting her palm on my cheek, "You have concerts and all of that. And your job is so important. I'll show you pictures when I get back." 

"Are you sure?" I asked. 

"Yes. I'll be fine. I promise I can battle the big city without you," she said, smiling. I went in to kiss her again, but she stopped me. "I'm going to miss my flight," she said. I nodded. 

"I love you," I said. 

"I love you too," Anna said. Then she turned and walked away to go board her flight. I turned and walked out. I pulled my phone from my pocket. I felt bad about the place Kathryn and I were at. I hit her contact and put the phone to my ear. 

"Hello?" Kat answered. 

"Hey. It's Harry," I said. 

"I know," Kat said, happily. 

"So I was curious if you wanted to do something together," I asked. 

"Like what?" Kat said. 

"I don't know. How about I just come over to your place and we can hang out for a while," I said. 

"Okay, sweet. I'll talk to you then," Kat said before hanging up. 

***********************************************************************************************************

I rolled up to Kat's place and knocked on her door. "Hey," Kat said, smiling as she opened the door. 

"Hey," I said, finding myself smiling. 

"Want to come on in?" Kat asked. 

"Sure," I said, walking in. 

"So how have you been?" Kat asked, plopping down on the couch. 

"Oh, you know. Anna left today, but I'm fine," I said. 

"She only stayed two weeks?" Kat asked, taking a sip of the Coke next to her. 

"Yeah. Her job's pretty busy. I mean she just always has to be out there," I said, shrugging. 

"I suppose," Kat said. I smiled.

"So you sold the song?" I asked. 

"Yep. Maybe if this does well I can drop out of school," Kat fantasized. 

"You don't like school?" I asked, cocking my head. 

"Well, its more the fact that I don't like the freedom of it. Or lack there of. I just can't wait to get out in the field," Kat said, shrugging. 

"I'll drink to that," I said, nodding. 

**********************************************************************************************************

Kat and I talked for hours. I checked the time two hours later. "Crap," I said, "I have to run, concert." 

"Oh," Kat said, looking like she hated to see me go. Maybe she did. 

"Would you, um, like to come?" I asked. 

"What?" Kat asked. 

"Well, I mean you could go to the concert. Meet the guys, Jess, then go see the concert. I've heard we put on a heck of a show," I smiled.