Chapter 13: Date

Kathryn:  Okay, I haven't said anything about this to you guys yet. But, um, there's this guy, in one of my song writing classes I really like. But lately I've been having such a good time with Harry, him and I haven't talked much. But today I had my chance. 

"Hey," I said, walking up to him. His name was Noah Burke. He had blond hair that just hung into his eyes and abs that looked like they could stop a train. Yeah. Hot. 

"Hey," he said. 

"Um, I was wondering, if it were, um, possible, and you can say no if you want," I was cut of. 

"Kat, come on. Just say it," he said. 

"Um, would you like to, um, go to dinner with me some time," I said. Noah nodded. 

"Yeah. That would be nice," he said. I smiled. 

"When would you like to," I asked. 

"Whenever works for you," Noah said. I nodded. 

"Would tonight work. I mean I don't have anything going on so..." I trailed off. 

"Sure. Tonight works just fine," Noah said. 

"Okay, so see you tonight," I said. 

"Yeah," Noah said. He smiled. 

***********************************************************************************************************

I was now staring into my closet, tapping my foot nervously and trying to decide what to wear. I decided to throw on a loose fitting grey top on. I loved the little gems that flowed down from the neck of it. I matched the shirt with my nicest pair of jeans and curls in my hair. I threw on a long necklace with a little silver paper airplane on it and a silver bracelet. Finally I threw on a pair of flats and put the finishing touches on my makeup. 

I heard a knock on my door. When I opened it, I saw Noah holding a boquette of daisies. 

"Wow," I whispered, "Thank you." 

"No problem," Noah said. 

"Come on it," I said. When I gestured, a whif of my top's smell came at me. Turns out I was wearing Eau De Ferret. Thank you Baby. "You can take a seat while I quick grab my bag." Noah came in and sat on my couch. I sprayed a quick spritz of my favorite perfume, Purr by Katy Perry. Finally I walked out. "You ready. 

"Yep," Noah said. I smiled and we headed out. 

Harry:   Anna came out in gold heels, a tight black skirt, and a gold, loose fitting button up. She looked amazing. She carried her gold clutch with a chunky black ring and a long necklace. She looked very nice. 

"You ready?" I asked. 

"Yes," Anna laughed, "You'll be able to leave for dinner now." I laughed. 

We pulled up at a fancy restraunt. We walked in and sat down, a beautiful table waiting for us. I looked around, looking at the tables around us. But as I did so I noticed someone I wasn't expecting. A few tables away I saw Kat, sitting across from a guy. She was laughing. I felt anger raging up inside me. She hadn't told me she had a date. Why? 

"Harry?" Anna asked. She followed my gaze, "Eyes over here." Her voice was stern. I flicked my head to her, taking a sip of water. 

"Sorry, just thinking about today at work," I said. 

"Sure," Anna said, rolling her eyes. 

Kathryn:   I was having a good time with Noah. I looked around me, observing my surroundings. That's when I saw him. Harry was sitting a few tables away from me. I bit my toungue, trying not to say anything. That's when I saw him glance over here. Noah looked at my gaze. "Hey, isn't that that guy from One Direction?" he asked. 

"Yeah," I said. 

Harry:   She looked at me. Finally I wiped my mouth standing up, "Give me just a second, sweetie." I said this to Anna, who looked confused. Kathryn stood and walked towards me. 

"Um, hi," I said. 

"Hi," she said. 

"Um, so who's the guy?" I asked. 

"Just a guy from my composistion class," Kat said.

"I see. You never told me you had a date," I said. 

"I didn't think it needed to, since you have a girlfriend," Kat said. 

"I still don't mind knowing what you're doing," I said. 

"You realize I'm an adult right?" Kat asked. 

"Yes," I said. 

"Then why is it a big deal I never told you about a date?" Kat asked. 

"Because I'm your friend, therefore you should tell me things like this," I said. 

"Woah, you're friends with the guy from One Direction?" her date said. 

"Not now Noah," Kat said, "And I don't have to tell you anything. You have a girlfriend, therefore it doesn't matter if I have a date." 

"What, you don't think you should tell your best friend about a date?" I asked. 

"That's exactly what I think," Kat said, "Not to mention the fact I didn't have a date until earlier today." 

"Wait can someone fill in the blanks for me on this?" Noah asked. 

"Not now Noah!" Kat and I both said. Noah raised his hands in the air. 

"Listen, maybe you should go back to your own date and stop worrying about mine!" Kat said. 

"Maybe I could if you would have warned me you were going to have one!" I shot back. 

"So now I'm warning you?!" Kat asked. 

"No! You should have told me that you were going to be on a date!" I said, angrilly. 

"I'm sorry I thought the world famous pop star with a girlfriend wasn't a priorety to tell about my date!" Kathryn screamed. That's when I noticed. The entire restraunt was quiet. Along with Kathryn's date rushing out the door. 

"Your date's gone," I said. 

"So is yours," Kat said. 

"Can we talk about this later?" I asked. 

"Please don't," Kat said. I nodded. We parted and headed for the door while people continued their dates and dinners.