Shattered Glass (Ch. 8)

~Clementine's POV~

Everything had fallen apart. I felt dismembered as my heart broke. I cried harder and harder. I finally got the strength to stand up and walk to the bathroom. I stared at myself in complete disbelief. I grab the closest thing near me and lodge it at the mirror, making it shatter into pieces. I screamed at myself, alerting Annette to come inside. I leaned against the wall and cried as she came to my aid.

"Clementine what did you do?" She looks at me.

I stay silent.

She goes out of the room and runs down the hall. I stand up, stepping on the glass. I quiver in pain.

I pick up a shard just as Rebecca and Annette enter the room.

"Clementine!" Rebecca grabs me causing me to drop the glass shard. I walk out of the bathroom with a trail of blood behind.

I scream for them to let me go.

I do everything I can until I'm finally out of their hold.

"Clementine.. stop, please." Rebecca pleads.

"You don't understand!" I wail.

Annette looks at me.

"But I do..." Annette notes.

"You don't! You're mother isn't dead now is she!?" I yell.

"Clem stop." Rebecca declares.

I stare at them both with aversion and hostility.

"I'm ending it..." I whisper.

I couldn't deal with all of the heart ache and pain. No one knew how I had felt. I had been betrayed, and destroyed by my inner demons. Those demons, watching me, laughing at me as I burn, struggling to escape. I wanted to end it. I had been so exhausted from the battle I was currently fighting that it was slowly killing me. Maybe it was time to surrender.

I soon wasn't able to breathe easily, at this point even air seemed unaccessesable.

I run into the bathroom and grab a piece of glass.

Annette and Rebecca run after me.

"Stop just stop. I can't do this anymore." I cry.

"Clem.." Annette begs.

"No... leave me." I say raising my hand pointing the piece of glass towards my chest.

I use so much force, which quickly ends.

"Clementine! Don't!" Rebecca pleads. I try to ignore her but I'm not able too.

This isn't what I had wanted, but wasn't this the only way?

I stop when the tip of it is touching my chest. I drop the piece of glass and collapse to the floor. Wincing at the pain as the glass breaks through the barriers of my skin.

Annette and Rebecca try their best to drag me out of there but it was useless. I was useless.

Ashton enters the room. He stares at me with shock as he sees tears on my face pairing with a trail of blood at my feet.

"What happened?!" He asks.

He picks me up and lays me on the bed.

"I'll go get someone." Annette speaks

"N-no. Don't, I'm fine." I sniffle.

"This isn't fine to me." Rebecca mutters. The two girls leave the room.

The air had been thin and still. It had been just a moment of silence. Ashton and I looked at each other. I turned my head. Looking at him hurt more than what I had already been feeling.