Lost in Time (Ch. 9)

《Dedicated to a very special friend of mine. Happy (belated) Birthday!》

~Clementine's POV~

"Clem?" I hear Ashton speak.

I try to speak but I was not able too. My words had gotten so choked up. My vision soon wanes once again, leaving me in nothing but blackness, surrounding me.

Everything swivels into a whirl and I find myself trapped into it.

********

I wake up in a bed? I pop straight up and look around. Nicole is in her bed. I reach for my phone. It was Tuesday. 5:03 am. It was such an atypical phenomenon that was occuring. I had no dominance over it.

I stand up and start to pace. Soon the time turns to 6, then 7, then to 8. Nicole's alarm clock goes off. She turns it off. I sit myself down on my bed, following with a huff.

I couldn't comprehend what had been happening.

I decide to go back into my bed. I shut my eyes.

********

I open my eyes, noticing I'm at school, highschool in fact. I see Braeden. He looks upset and discomposed.

Promptly, everything I need to know comes to me.

"His... his sister died?" I think.

I run to his car.

"Hey." I knock on the window.

"I'm not in the mood right now." He growls.

"I know what you're going through." I utter bluntly.

"Please." He begs.

"I can help you!" I plead.

"Leave me alone! I don't need your help!" He yells.

"Come on Braeden!"

"Clem, I can do this without you!" He rolls up is window and drives away.

I didn't want to do it, but it came across as if it was the only way out. I scream again. Not in pain, nor deceit. But a scream to transport me. Screaming was my transportation in this horrifying terror.

I shut my eyes.

********

I'm on Braeden's driveway.

I knock on his door. I still couldn't fathom why or what was happening. It just didn't make sense.

He answers the door.

"What do you want?" He snarls.

"Braeden. I understand that you m-" I'm interrupted.

"Clementine. I don't want your pity." He mumbles.

"Trust me, I didn't come here to give any." I snap.

He gives me a wretched face.

"I'm... I'm sorry." I apologize.

"What did you come here for?" He asks.

"Braeden. I understand that you may be feeling sad for something or someone. You might be crossed with yourself." I sympathize.

"I don't need a counselor." He retaliates.

"Braeden.."

"Just stop! You think that talking about it will help me!? I just lost my sister!" He roars.

That was it.

"Okay. You honestly think that I've never lost anyone?!" I yell.

He puts his head down.