A Moment Unfolded (Ch. 14)

~Clementine's POV~

When Ashton and I get back to our room I start to feel lightheaded. Everything turns dark. I go blind, yet the use of touch was still accessible. I feel myself make contact with the ground.

I flutter my eyes open to see I'm at a skating rink.

I notice Braeden, standing by himself. I turn to see Stephanie is heading to the bathroom.

This was so problematic. I don't know why these random faints keep happening to me. I also didn't know how far back I was in time.

I skate over to Braeden.

"Hey, can I talk to you." I ask him.

"Sure" he answers.

We skate over to an empty area.

I look into his eyes. My eyes locked on his, but why? Why was I suddenly finding interest.

"I don't think I can do this." He states.

"It's okay, she's in the bathroom she'll be a while." I reassure him.

"I don't know." He replies.

"I..." I'm cut off. He places his hands on my waist. Before I can even glance at him, his lips were on placed on mine.

It was a long kiss that I started to have a taste of dislike for. I wanted to pull away but I couldn't, it was tempting not to pull away.

"How could you!?" I hear Steph yell.

We break away at the sound of her voice.

"Steph I..." Braeden tries but is soon interrupted.

"No! There's no making up for this!" She chokes on her words.

"Steph, it was my idea." I blurt out.

"No... just never speak to me again." She goes for Braeden's keys but I stop her.

"Okay, Stephanie. Stop. Remember the first day you came here? When you..."

I stop what I'm saying. The situation was already bad, mentioning this would make it worse.

"Braeden and I are sorry. I don't know how it happened, or more like what happened just now."

"Clem stop."

"We apologized. You made the exact same mistake a while ago. Just keep that in mind." I answer.

I hated to bring up the past yet that day still lingers in my head sadly. It was hard to get that image out of my head.

She grabs Braeden's keys and dashes for the door. Mary behind her. Braeden makes an attempt to run after her but he's not quick enough.

"Braeden, I'm sorry. I didn't know this was going to happen."

"Leave me alone! All you ever do is mess things up."

"I'm sorry. I can give you a ride back home." I grab my keys.

"No. I can walk. Luckily it's not that far." He slams his skates against the rack.

He storms out.

I just wanted to talk. Why didn't I pull away?

*******
The next morning I'm still in this nightmare. It was Saturday.

I drive to Ashton's house and grab him.

"Where are we going?" He asks groggy.

"Shut up." I snicker.

We arrive at Steph's house.