The Generous (Ch. 12)

I walk her up to the counselors. I could tell she was nervous by the way she looked at me. I smiled at her.

I knew that there was a zero percent chance of the counselor letting her into the college, but I was holding onto something. Something called hope.

Of course on the way there it was like dodging bombs. People hollering some not so polite names.

We run into Abigail while walking. I just look down.

We finally make it to the counselors'. I let Dakota in first.

"Hi, Mrs. Todd." I wave.

"Hello Clementine, who is this?" She smiles at Dakota.

"This is Dakota. Um, I was wondering, is it a possibility she could stay here, grab ahold of her education?" I stare at her imploringly.

"Clementine... you realize that's not possible." She sighs.

"Yes, but maybe, after you heard her back story." I look at her.

"Pity will not change my mind Ms. Johnson."

"Well maybe hearing what she went through will help." I snap.

She stays silent.

"I'm sorry. Just listen. Please." I plead.

"You may start Ms?"

"West. Dakota West." She announces.

She speaks. Telling her story. Leaving me still shocked. It was a bewildering feeling. It was sickening that she had been trapped, that she was tortured like this.

I had wondered off.

"Clementine..."

"Hm? Oh yes? Mrs. Todd."

"This is a big situation. We'll see how things will turn out." She looks down.

"Excuse me?" I crinkle my eyebrows.

"You're dismissed." She chuckles waving a hand for us to leave.

"Yes Mrs. Todd." I smile at her.

Dakota and I leave.

"Oh, Clementine!" Mrs. Todd yells from behind.

"Yes?" I turn around.

"Here. These may help." She tosses me a pair of keys.

I smile at her.

I close the door behind me. I grab Dakota and walk her down the hall.

"This is where you'll be staying." I drop the keys into her hands.

She hugs me.

"Thank you." She tears up.

I walk down to my dorm. I enter a hall of insults and slurs. Walking as the words make contact with my ears. Something for my brain to process yet catching the result of hurt. I arrive at my dorm.

I go into the bath room. I move my hair out of my face.

I notice a figure form from behind me. It was Ashton. I smile into the mirror.

He wraps his arms around me.

I turn around and kiss him. He positions his hands at my waist and places me on the counter.

I put my arms around him. We kiss at a fast pace, we pull away, both of us panting. He meets back with my lips for his soon to escape again and make his way down my jaw, breathing heavily, crossing onto my neck.