Chapter Thirty-Four; Basement

It had been three days since Brendan forced me inside his car and took me away from where i lived. It was a strange feeling, not being home. As much as i hated my dad at the moment, i'd give anything to go back to him. Even living on the streets would be considered paradise to what i was putting up with.

I looked around at the big, empty room filled with darkness. I could see slight objects and the light coming from underneath the door at the top of the stairs. I was in Brendan's basement. The smell oozed through the air filling with nostrils with the aroma of damp clothes and rusty metal. I gipped slightly after inhaling a little too much and being able to taste the foul smell in the air. 

I looked up at my only source of light, wondering when it was next going to grow and expose the person i once loved. I felt around me, searching for the scrunchies that had been ripped out my hair the night before. The ropes on my wrists tightened and pulled my skin as i hovered above the stone foundations, holding the house up. 

I hadn't slept in what felt like weeks, my eyes dry and stretched out. The same question kept running through my mind, why? I didn't even know Brendan had this in him to be honest, i always thought he was quite a calm, sensitive person deep down. 

I then question my own thought and remembered he had cheated on me and been taking drugs for the past couple of months. Yeah. Pretty dam sensitive. 

I looked down at the plate of food Brendan had brought down this morning. I was starving. He'd put the plate inches away from where i could reach, probably so he could watch me struggle to get it. In fact i bet he had some sort of sick camera put up in here to watch me squirm. 

I felt like i was on a TV show. This didn't feel like real life, it couldn't be. I mean who does this? Certainly not someone who wants to get caught. I kept wondering when he would let me go or whether he even would. Surely he couldn't keep me up in here forever, someone will notice I'm missing. Won't they? I looked at the floor realising that the other person that would even acknowledge the fact i wasn't on this planet was my dad. I was so awful to him before i left, he wasn't saying anything wrong. Although i thought he'd been unreasonable with Tyler, I'm sure he was doing it for my protection. And that's really all Ive ever wanted.. a dad.