Chapter Fourty-Two; Snap

Walking home i could feel the cold air getting to me as it oozed through my skin. I knew i should of borrowed like 12 jackets off Fletcher before i left. I groaned to myself at my stupidity and continued walking on, thinking about what i was going to say to my dad. How do i explain how i left? What do i begin with? How do i even think about apologizing to him? He was my dad and he was only doing what any other dad would do i guess, even if i didn't agree with it myself. Taking in my surroundings, i began to think about what it would be like not to have a home to go to, not to have someone to lean on when you had nothing else left. Like the old guy at the bus stop. Where would i be right now? I'd of probably ended up in a home. Either that or a homeless shelter. And both aren't the worst places in the world? I suppose just looking from the outside, they seem kinda lonely. But who knows? I guess i'd have a few more friends. 

I couldn't stop thinking about the guys that passed me earlier, thinking about how they knew Tyler and how long for and whether they were going to see him in the near future? Or maybe even tonight when he finished work? Or maybe tomorrow to hang out. And would they mention me to him? Would they let him know that they had seen me? And most importantly.. would they refer to me as 'his girl' to his face? Only to remind him of what we could of been and make him come running back in to my arms?! I highly doubt it. But a girl can dream i guess. 

I suddenly found myself scheming, planning ways of which i could accidentally bump in to Tyler again. And maybe when this happens i would be wearing the most beautiful dress and i would be with a great guy and it would maybe cause him to get so jealous that he maybe brings over our fancy champagne (my imaginary guys rich) and maybe Tyler would accidentally on purpose throw the champagne all over my 'great guy' and start an argument over me and then declare how its always been me to the entire restaurant! Maybe. I found myself smiling hysterically before i had to take a deep breath and calm the 'jeff' down. 

So what if i was one of them girls now? One of them girls that constantly thinks about their 'almost' exes and plans ways in which to make them think of me. But which girl hasn't done that? It's normal, right? I'm sane. As sane as anyone could be that was in love with their dads best mate.

I got near my local corner-shop and felt a sudden wave of relief come over me as i realized i was almost home. My tummy started fluttering all over again and my mind went mental thinking of ways to apologize to my dad. I tried convincing myself all teenagers did this type of thing, it was normal. I was normal. My heart started beating fast trying to imagine what i would actually do if he turned me away? If he called me ungrateful for everything he had tried to do recently and calls me a spoilt brat? Well, I'm hardly spoilt 'daddy'. 

I could see the light on in the kitchen in the distance. Good, he was home at least. I inhaled deeply and walked closer towards the porch. I could hear faint music coming from the house. Cautiously tip-toeing even nearer, the music got louder and louder. I could see silhouettes in the kitchen now, around two or three of them, looking like they were circling something. Upon closer inspection i came to realize they were playing snooker. My dad was playing snooker. Wasn't he upset i was gone?! No, no, of-course he was. He was probably just chilling out with the guys. But who exactly was 'the guys?'. Tyler? Was it Tyler? Had i actually thought about him that much walking home that he had magically appeared in my kitchen? I had to find out. 

I walked round the side of the house knowing there was a small window in the kitchen and using this as a way to see more clearly as to who it was exactly that was with my dad. I looked from the side but couldn't see in the house enough. I didn't want to be seen, i didn't want to have to explain why i wasn't just knocking on the front door of my own house. My god, i was so nervous. What if they saw me? I had to be stealthy. Then it suddenly came to me! A genius plan! I remembered how my dad kept a digital camera hidden on the porch to get glimpses of stars at night. (I know right? My dad? Interested in astronomy?) I walked back round the front of the house feeling the leaves crunch underneath my feet. Reaching under the window flap and in to the basement, i retrieved the camera.